Chapter Nineteen

For the past three days all Derek has done was try to catch the Alpha, hide from the cops, and be literally the sweetest boyfriend in the world, but of course I can't tell them that, because he has an ego that prevents me from telling him he is sweet, cute, and/or adorable, which basically means I can't use any of my sparkle words to describe him.

Now I know I have a car, but I do drive like my Grandmother, slow. That is why I am sitting in the passenger seat of Derek's car in a car chase with a hunter following behind us. Now when I say us, I mean Scott, who is driving, Stiles, who is only here,because he was whining like a baby to go, and I, who am here, because I had nothing better to do.

"Hey Scott, I don't think that you understand the concept of a car chase!" Stiles says from the back seat.

"If I go any faster I'll kill us." He says.

"If you don't go faster they will kill us." I say referring to the hunter behind us.

That makes him quickly step on the gas pedal, causing us to go even faster. I look back and see that the car chasing us is gone. "Stiles turn on your walkie talkie. 

He flips it on and I hear static before I hear a voice. Suspect is on foot heading into the iron works. Scott makes a sharp turn and drives to the iron works. I scoot over in my seat, and put as much of me as I can on the center console, because I know I will not fit in that backseat with Stiles.

Scott pulls up in front of the iron works and I filing open the door for Derek to get in. He slides in, and shuts the door just as a gun starts going off offer him. Scott takes off driving and I shift uncomfortably on the center console.

Derek pulls me into his lap. Before he starts talking I and everyone else knows he is pissed off, "I had him!" He says.

"The Alpha?" Scott asks.

"Yes the Alpha, and I amost had him until the fricken police showed up!" Derek says rage filling each and every word.

"Hey they're just doing their job!" Stiles says popping out of the backseat.

"Yeah thanks to someone who has made me the most wanted fugitive in the state!" He says. I turn, and put my hands on either side of Derek's face, and I give him a peck on the lips before whispering to him and trying to get him to calm down.

"Can we get over that? I know I made a dumbass mistake!" Scott says.

"Aright! How did you find him?" Stiles asks.

Derek grunts and shakes his head. I take his hand, and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Can you trust someone other than Ali for half a second?" Scott asks.

"Yeah trust both of us!" Stiles says. Derek looks at him. "Or just Scott, I will be back here."

"My sister was close to figuring something out. She found two things. One was a man named Harris-" He started before being cut off by Stiles.

"Our chemistry teacher?"

"And the other?" Scott asks.

"Was this symbol," He says pulling a piece of paper out pot his pocket. He show it too us and Scott and I sigh. "You know what this is?"

"I've seen it on a necklace," Scott says.

"Alison's necklace." I say as Scott starts to speed up again.

~~~

"So how are you going to get it from her?" I ask Scott, walking into school the next morning.

"I don't have a clue," He says.

I walk with Scott to his locker when Jackson walks up to Scott. "I know what you are McCall," He tells my brother.

"Jackson what are you talking about?" I ask trying to play it cool.

"Are you one too?" Jackson seethes at me. "I don't care what it is, if it is a bite, or sniffing magic fariy dust under the moonlight, I want it, and you two are going to get it for me."

"Jackson can I talk to you?" I ask him. He nods and I walk into an empty class room. "Jackson you don't want this,"

"And why not? I want to be better at everything and I am going to get it." He says.

"Its not like bam your turned Jacks. There are the full moons, and the hunters that want to kill yo-" I start.

"I don't care, you and your brother are going to get it for me." He says before storming out of the room.

I walk out of the room and over to Scott. This is going to be a long day.

~

"So," I say to Stiles who is sitting next to me driving his Jeep. "your plan is to get Danny to trace the text?"

"Yep," He says pulling into his house's drive way.

We run up the stairs and go into his room and get onto his computer. "Hey Stiles?" His dad yells from downstairs.

"Yo Da-a-erek" He says turning around. I turn around and see him standing behind the door. Stiles goes outside of his room and he starts talking to his dad.

I stand up from my chair and wrap my arms around Derek. I stand on my tip toes and give him a soft kiss on the lips. I pull away as soon as Stiles walks into the room.

Derek pushes Stiles against the door. "If you say anything-"

"Like what? Hey Dad, Derek Hale is in my bedroom bring you gun? That's right my house my rules." Stiles cut him off. I rolled my eyes at him and fall backwards onto his bed.

"So what is your plan Stiles?" I ask.

"Well you know how Scott texted Alison to come to the school?" He asks.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Well it wasn't him. And I, well we know someone who can track who's phone it was from." He says sitting at his computer desk.

~~~

Fifteen minutes later I was lying on Stiles' bed with my feet on the wall while Derek is pretending to read a book as Stiles bickers with Danny about tracing the text that was sent to Alison.

"No!"

"Why not?"

"I'm here to do lab work that's what lab partners do." Danny replies.

"I told you to be my lab partner Danny, but you wouldn't listen." I say looking at him upside down.

"Fine let's do lab work." Stiles says plopping down.

"Who is he again?" Danny asks looking at Derek.

"My cousin.... Miguel." Stiles tries to play it cool. I raises my hand to stifle my laughter, as Derek let's out an angry puff.