Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Ali's POV

"How the hell do you forget where we parked?" I yelled at Scott. We are both carrying two brown paper bags filled to the brim with food. We are trying to find out where we parked. You might ask, how am I walking without crutches? Well it has been a week and two days since the movie store incident. So Mom said I could walk with out the crutches and brace.

"Hey don't blame me this is a two way street." He says while we are climbing another flight of stairs. We go through the doors and stop at a car. Scott sets his bags down and lifts the keys to Mom's car.  We both listen intently for the beep of the car. I hear the horn of the car go off on the level above us. Scott and I sigh and he starts to pick the bags up when a milk bottle falls. "Dammit!" Scott says reaching down for it, but it rolls back with claw marks in it. Scott looks at me and we nod. I take off sprinting steps behind Scott. As we are running I smell the air for the scent of the Alpha or whatever creature is following us.

I get a whiff of a very familiar smell, I smile,  and run the opposite the direction as Scott at an intersection. I stop at the wall, and lean my back against the cool concrete wall. Once the "attacker"  stops at the intersection to find which way we went I jump out a wrap my arms around his neck. I can tell Derek didn't know that I was there, because he let out a sharp breath.

I peck his cheek, and pretend to be mad at him. "So not cool dude!" I whisper.

"Yeah yeah I'll make it up to you later. Right now can you let out a scream for me?" He asks hopefully.

"Fine, " I reply, and let out a very believable, bloodcurdling scream. Just like that Derek takes off running in the direction Scott went. I silently follow behind him. I here multiple car horns go off.  I think Scott was actually going to get away,  but his phone rings and I hear him getting slamed onto the hood of a car. I walk around the corner to hear Derek tell Scott is dead. Derek hops down from the car, and Scott sits up sliding off of the hood. I smile as Scott looks like he is scared out of his wits. I take Derek's hand and we start walking back the way we came.

I hear Scott running to catch back up with us. "What the hell was that?" He says.

"I said I was going to teach you. I never said when." Derek says.

"Wait Ali, you were in on this too?" Scott asks.

"No, I wasn't. I was just smart enough to use my senses." I said.

"Yeah, but I was fast right?" Scott says to Derek.

"Not fast enough." Derek replies.

"B-but the car thing that was smart right?" Scott said starting to sound defeated.

"Until your phone rang it was." Derek says.

"B-but,  it.  WOULD YOU JUST STOP?" Scott says yelling the last part. Derek and I stop and turn around. "Last week,  Stiles dad getting hurt that was my fault.  I wasn't there to help him. I need you to teach me how to control this!"

"Look, I am what I am, because of birth. You were bitten. Teaching someone who is bitten takes time. I don't even know if I can teach you." Derek test Scott.

"Then how does Ali control it? You had to have taught her." Scott says, moving his hands towards me, questioning Derek.

"The answer to that will come in time." Derek tells Scott. What I really want to do is tell Scott, no sweat to Scott that Derek and I are mates, because I have been dying to tell someone the truth. I also want to tell him,  because I do not like lying to my brother. I'm not really lying am I? I'm just withholding the truth.