Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

We have been driving for about, an hour and Derek is struggling with taking off his jacket. I reach up helping him take it off of him. I take the coat and set in in the seat beside me, then I lean up, and wrap my arms around Derek's neck, and rest my head on his shoulder.

Stiles looks over and sighs before complaining. "Hey, try not to bleed out on my seats. We are almost there."

I send him a glare, but Derek chose to ignore the comment. "Where?"

"Your house where else?" Stiles says.

"You can't take me there." Derek says.

"I can't take you to your own house?"

"Not when I can't protect myself." Derek says.

Stiles pulls the car over and  stops the Jeep. "What are you going to do if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Are you dying."

I flinch at the word dying, because I don't want to even think of Derek dying.

"Not yet." Derek wheezes out. A whimper slips out of my mouth, because even Derek thinks that he may die. "I have a last resort."

"What last re-." Stiles says, but stops and starts complaining when Derek rolls up his shirt revealing a nasty bullet wound. "Eww is that contagious? Gross you should just get out."

I look over at him shooting daggers with my eyes. "Stiles, start the car." Derek says.

"No! I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look. In fact I think if I wanted to, I could drag both of your werewolf asses into the middle of the road and leave you for dead." Stiles says.

"Start the car!" I tell him.

"No!"

"Start the car or I am going to rip your throat out with my teeth." Derek all, but growls at him.

Stiles sighs, and starts the car. I smile and reach over and pat him on the head. "Good boy." I tell him.

We drive for another thirty minutes aimlessly when my stomach growls. "Stiles I'm hungry!" I whine.

"Get over it." Stiles says.

"Pleaaaaasssseeee!" I whine.

"Fine! God you are so annoying!" Stiles complains, pulling into a Wendy's parking lot. Stiles gets out, and goes in to get me food.

"Are you going to be alright?" I ask Derek wrapping my arms around him again.

"I don't know, but your brother needs me." Derek says weakly. I pepper little kisses up, and down his neck. Derek smiles. "I promise you I will get better okay."

"You better." I whisper right before Stiles hops back into the car. He tosses me a bag and hands me a cup with a frosty in it. I open the bag to find a large fry.

I smile and tell Stiles thank you. I pop open the lid to my large frosty and dip a fry into it and pop it in my mouth. I hold one up to the front and let Derek take it, because he must be just as hungry as I am, because neither of us has had food since dinner last night, and right now it is getting dark.

Stiles phone rang, and he pulled over to answer it. "It is Scott," He tells both of us before answering it.

"Hello?" Stiles asks.

I use my werewolf hearing to listen in.

"Hey,"

"Have you found the bullet yet?" Stiles says.