Returning to Beacon Hills

Rayneset her bags on the front porch of her brother's home in Beacon Hills. She wasn't too sure why she came back here, but just guessed she missed the feeling of the forest floor under her feet and knew this town was more accepting than most to the supernatural. The other possibility was she wanted to see a certain wolf again. The last time they spoke was over six years ago, when her mother ripped her from this town. She decided that adventure would have to be put on the back burner for the time being. For now, she needed to clear her head a little and pulled her shoulder length brown hair up as she walked. She waited until she was deep enough to where humans stopped wandering and felt the spots on her skin surface and her canines lengthen. Her eyes could see everything and she realized just how much she missed this feeling.Out here, she could transform without a care in the world. In the city, she was confined to just her house and she hated every minute of it.

Rayne got in position and took off running, faster than she had in years.The wind on her face felt amazing. After awhile, she skidded to a stop and leaned against a tree to catch her breath. Once her body had cooled down, she could hear someone moving around her. She peered around the tree and saw a blur of black. She sniffed the air and recognized the scent, but couldn't place it right away. She shifted back to normal and decided to stand out in the open. The person stopped and stared at her. She walked up to him and his eyes were the first thing she recognized.

"Derek?"

"Rayne?"

They stared at each other for awhile and Rayne remembered the last time they saw each other face to face.

Beacon Hills
Six Years Ago (Just after the Hale Fire)

"Do you have to go?" Derek asked her, the sorrow he was going through still thick in his voice.

"Yes.I'm sorry. I wish I could stay."

They hugged and Rayne wanted to just say everything would be alright, but she had no clue if it would be or not. Derek didn't have anything now and she was leaving. He lost his family, home and Paige all in just a short time. She promised to keep in touch, but distance harmed friendships and she knew that.She had a feeling Derek was thinking the same thing. Ever since her mother found out Rayne had romantic feelings for her best friend, she had been searching for somewhere far from Beacon Hills to move the whole family. She didn't understand her mother's hatred for other werecreatures, but she knew better than to question it.

"Don't forget about me." Rayne whispered in his ear.

"Never."