fourty five

Taehyung sat in his house eating ice cream and watching tv.

He hasn't changed out of his clothes.

Taehyung checked his phone multiple times, hoping for a text from Jungkook.

He never got one.

He sulked as the ice cream reminded him of their date.

I was really looking forward to this.

While eating a spoonful of the vanilla treat, Taehyung's phone buzzed.

His heart was lifted when he found a text from Jungkook.

3:02 pm

Jungkook
I'll be over in a few, I had to make a stop ;)

Taehyung was relieved and texted back with a smiley face. He was about to go back on his porch and wait when the news caught his attention.

"Breaking news. Early this afternoon, there was a collision in a quiet neighbourhood in Seoul at around 3:03. Police say that two young males collided going opposite directions in front of a ring store. Reports say that one of the males, about twenty years old was pulled out of his sports car with severe injuries. He was dead at the scene."

Taehyung's stomach was in knots.
The description matched his boyfriend exactly.
It's not him.
It's not him.
It can't be him.

An image popped up of a body on a stretcher being placed inside a body bag.
The boy's legs were sticking out, revealing his cuts and bruises and ripped pants.

They were leather.