Chapter 17 - We're Almost There

I'm Going to Be A Mom ... At 17?! (A Teen Pregnancy Story)

Chapter 17 - We're Almost There

Aunt Rosalie reached for the paint roller. "Really, Jenna. These fumes can't be good for you or the baby. I can take care of it." She smiled softly at me.

"Nope. I get to paint his room. This is my baby and I get to do what I want." I grinned evilly and held the roller well away from her.

Aunt Rosalie had come all the way from her home and kids and husband just to be here for me when I gave birth to my baby boy. I was thirty-four weeks in, so eight months and a half, and to think that there was two weeks before I gave birth was just crazy. I mean, I was HUGE. Getting down the stairs made me tired. Going up the stairs... I tried not to do that too often. I had put on about twenty-eight pounds and I weighed over a hundred and fifty pounds. It was early November, and my due date was 4 days before my eighteenth birthday.

"Careful careful! Don't get paint on your belly." Rosalie laughed. "You're so huge that you can't reach the wall with your hands without your belly touching it!"

I rolled my eyes, but I was smiling. "I know, I know. You know what, I'll paint for another five minutes, then I'll hand it over to you, because I AM getting a bit tired." I ran my hand through my shoulder-length layered hair, letting out a puff of air. I'd cut my hair short, because women often lost some hair when they gave birth. But I planned to grow it all back as soon as my baby was born. 

Isaac had been upset when I'd cut my hair, because it had been past my waist, thick, black, and shiny. I'd cut off about 10 inches. Isaac would play with my hair and twirl his fingers through it, and it was the absolute best feeling in the world (after, of course, kissing him). He said I was pretty with the haircut, and it shaped my face nicely, but he preferred my long hair.

I'd been dating him for almost four months, and we were full-on dating. He came to all of my appointments, joined me for all of my mommy prep classes, and gave me massages and rubs. He was so gentle and sweet and incredibly devoted. All of a sudden, he went from caring, hilarious best friend to caring, hilarious, devoted, sweet, amazing boyfriend. I couldn't believe my luck. I just hoped... well, I honestly wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

I painted the rest of the wall with the pale blue-tinted paint, then gave the roller to Aunt Rosalie. I went to the bathroom to relieve myself, then made my way down to the kitchen for a snack. The fire was blazing, there was a cold wind blowing outside, and the afternoon sun was just setting. I made myself a cup of tea, and was about to pour the hot water, but the phone rang.

 "Hello?" I said brightly, getting a spoon from the drawer.

"Hello. Are you busy painting the room?" said the deep, sexy voice on the other line.

I automatically smiled. "Hi, Isaac."

"Hello, beautiful. So, are you busy?" I could almost hear his charming smile.