Chapter 7 - My Best Friend Saved My Life. No Big Deal...

I'm Going to Be A Mom... At 17?!

Chapter 7 - My Best Friend Saved My Life. No Big Deal...

"And he is like SO hot. Oh my gosh. He's so perfect." Emily closed her eyes dreamily, laying a hand dramatically over her heart.

"He better ask you out soon." I flipped to the next page in my biology textbook and started on the next question. "It's been a week."

"Do you think he will?" she squeaked, putting a hand over her mouth. Her eyes were huge and excited. As if this were some huge surprise.

I gave her a flat look. "Em, I think you can answer that yourself."

"I know, I know, but... I feel like I'm 13 again. When it was unbelievable when a guy liked you and there was a possibility that he'd ask you out. I'm just so excited." She bounced in her seat. Yes, actually bounced. I had to refrain from rolling my eyes.

The librarian came over to our table. "Girls, I'm going to have to ask you to be a little more quiet."

"Right. Sorry," I apologized hastily. She pursed her lips and went back to her desk.

Emily was staring dreamily at the wall opposite us. I didn't even bother to snap her out of it - she wouldn't be able to focus on her homework anyways.

Her phone buzzed on the table and she snatched it up, frantically reading the text. She let out a shriek and covered her mouth. I saw the librarian shooting us dirty looks and she stood up, walking over to us. "Girls, this is a lib-!"

"We're really sorry! We're gonna leave right now, right Em?" I snapped my book shut and put away my pen. I put the binder and book in my arm, grabbed Emily's wrist, and started dragging her out. I shot an apologetic smile towards the librarian as we went out the doors, but her expression stayed sour. I'm sorry, but what a bitch.

I took her to the senior's lounge and made her sit down. "Now, take a deep breath," I instructed, "and then tell me what the text said." I had an idea of what it was, but I just wanted to make sure.

She grabbed my arm, her eyes bright and, well, slightly insane. "Jenna," she practically screamed, "we need to go shopping!"

................................................................................................................

"I don't know, I love them both!" She looked at me unhappily.

I slowly put a hand over my eyes. "Emily. Just decide. What you're going. To wear."

"But I can't!" she wailed.

"Yes, you can. It's not like this is your first date, why are you so nervous? It'll be fine. It's a double date, so I'll be right there for you, the whole time."

"Thanks." She smiled at me gratefully. "I don't know what I'd do without you..."

"Honestly, me neither." We both laughed. "Okay, I think they're both gorgeous, but he won't be able to see your shirt in the dark anyways, so what difference does it make?" I asked.

"I guess..." she said wistfully. "But what's your favourite?"

"Probably the turquoise strapless one. I really like it, the colour and shape suits you," I said. "Please, just buy one so we can move on to the shoes."