Chapter 8

I’m pretty sure the shock in Zanders green eyes was reflected in mine as well. A spurt of happiness went through me as I released he was here but was soon taken over with confusion when I think about it. My limbs freeze and I’m not to sure whether I’m please I’m living with Zander or not. I mean yeah it’s cool at least against all odds we were actually in the same room together, but as siblings? That’s what we would be right? Brother and sister? And that’s what my mind was having trouble with. Is that good?  In simple words, I have no freakin’ clue.

“Narnisaa! Come sit with me!” the twin with the blue eyes only but screams in my ear, making me wince. “Narnisaa?” I say, confused. “Yeah, Narnissa” he nods furiously and starts rambling off again about his day. I mutter a sound like ‘ohh’ when the realisation comes to me that he can’t say my name properly and I have to surpass the urge to awe at him. My sister couldn’t say my name properly either, the though makes my eyes become cloudy and tear up, a few escape.

“Whats wrong Narnisaa? Did Dale make you sad?” the other twin with grey eyes asked, they looked at his brother with an angry expression that was so cute the edges of my lips slightly turned upwards.

“No! I didn’t, I swear!” hales refusal came almost instantly as he looked at me with wide eyes.

“Yes you did! See! See! She’s crying. People only cry when their sad!”  It took a whole of 10 seconds to really let what he said sink in. Crying? I wasn’t crying. To prove it my left hand simultaneously shot upwards to my cheeks, and I was surprised to feel the wetness that consumed them. By now the room was full, boys were everywhere and I was pretty sure that I and Mrs. R were the only females in the room.

The most obvious thing though was not that it was over population with the male species but that it was completely silent, the only thing you could hear were the bickering of the two boys, still arguing over me. Oh and the fact that everybody was now staring at me. The teenage girl wearing non other than denim shorts, a baggy t-shirt that was about 5 sizes too big, no make up, hair greasy in a untidy bun and worn out converses, oh and don’t forget that now thanks to which ever the twin blurted out that I was crying.  Great.

Note the sarcasm.

“Um, no no. Uh” I stuttered, quickly wiping away any water left on my red cheeks. “I’m uh fine.” I said, hand braced out in front of me unsure of how I was meant to break up there little squabble.

“But, but. You were crying!” dale screamed almost in tears himself. “I saw it!” he jumped forwards fingers point in my face. “Don’t hurt her!” the other twin yelled and jumped on me himself, fingers curved ready to scratch his brother. His nails missed and hit me in the face full force. And damn, for a 6 years old he had some bloody good nails.

“Ouch!” I hissed, raising my hands to my throbbing cheek. Momentarily forgetting I had two 6 year olds on my lap causing both of them falling onto the hard floor in one big heap.

“Shit! I’m so sorry” I said, quickly bending down to pick them up. But stopped short when they were both looking at me like I’d committed murder. “What?” I said, confused at there glances. I heard a few sniggers as I looked helplessly around the room. “Momma, she- she- she said a bad word…” one of them tailed off in distraught. My eyes widened as I realised my mistake.

 “Fuck! No wait! Shit, um crap even? I’m so fucking sorry. Fuck, ah… oh my god.” I ended up trailing off, head shaking in my hands. I’d never felt so embarrassed in my life.  “I’m not used to having to use a filter, I’m just yeah okay…I’m just gonna’ shut up now. Yeah.” I trailed off again, mumbling as cheeks flamed in embarrassment.

“Well. That was interesting.” A masculine voice sounded out, snapping my head around in the direction it came from my muscles disagreed and instead of mumbling a few colourful words I chose an alternative. “Cheese caking jam”. My face turned an even deeper shade of pink as I realised I said it out loud. And instead of running away, like I so very much wanted to, I turned to face the boy who’d commented. It was a boy I hadn’t seen before, with almost black hair and contrasting murky grey eyes, he definitely wasn’t bad looking.