Chapter Sixteen- Trying To Kill Someone

Chapter Sixteen- Trying To Kill Someone Doesn't Make Gaara Any Less Sexy

"So, guys..." Kakashi had said at yesterday's training session as he gave us each a yellow slip of paper, "It's up to you. You can take the chunin exams, but only if you want to."

And now I was thinking about it. Was it worth doing? First chance I got, I was getting my ass home, so was it worth risking my life in the Chunin exams?

I could tell that Jack was pumped for it, but Mikazuki seemed kind of nervous. I wonder if he'll show? After all, if he doesn't then Jack and I can't go forward... ah, to heck with it. I'm sick of sitting around feeling sorry for myself! If I'm gonna be stuck here awhile, might as well make the most of it instead of moping!

I rummaged in my pocket for the slip of paper and then hunted around the apartment for a pen. Finally, I found one... down the back of the couch.

After much palaver, I pulled the pen out from between the cushions. "Aha! Gotcha, yer little bugger!" I grinned, signing the sheet, "Not so smart now, are you? Stupid pen."

I then placed it down on the desk and skipped out of the door, off to the next training session. Today's was with team Kurenai, and now that I actually took time to think about it, I was pretty looking forward to it.

When I reached the training grounds we were supposed to meet at, I saw that everyone was here already, and grinned. I made myself noticed by spreading my arms wide and calling to the sky, "Yes! The Great Charlie is here! Your days' all just got infinitely better!"

It was safe to say, they were not impressed. I just grinned at them, then went and latched onto Jack's leg. "Dear brother! Where have you been?! Mother was looking for you; you forgot to brush your teeth!"

Jack just pushed me off by my head, and scowled. "You're insane." he said, then looked away, folding his arms, "And I did not forget."

I stood up and brushed myself off, and my gaze slid over the rest of the group. I grinned brightly, "Yo! How's it going? I'm Charlie, it's your pleasure to meet me-"

I cut off as a fist slammed into my head.

"They heard you the first time!" Jack said, annoyed, "Knock it off!" he then glanced to Team Kurenai apologetically, "Sorry about that... Charlie was dropped on her head when she was a baby..." they all glanced at me, and I had already gotten distracted and was piling grass on Jack's foot. Jack sighed, "A lot."

I stood up, and pointed at him, "You're just jealous 'cause I can use our kekkei genkai and you can't!" I exclaimed smugly, and he scowled. It was true. I had tested him with the musical instrument thing a few days ago; he couldn't do anything with my flute and, what's more, he sounded God-awful!!

A short while later, we had started a sparring tournament. The winner of Kiba and Jack's match was going to face me. Hehe...

I didn't really mind who won... but from the looks of Jack, Kiba was going to. After all, Jack had only been a ninja for a few weeks, and only just had mastery over his chakra, so was really no match for a boy who had been training from a very young age.

I had to admit, though- Jack had impressive stamina. He was taking quite a lot of hits that would have had me down in only a few goes, and I had been training a lot longer than him. But still, eventually he was down, and he walked over to our team, not looking nearly as sulky as I expected. In fact, he looked weirdly elated.

When he passed me as I stood to walk to centrefield, he revealed why. He leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Kiba's mighty fiiine, isn't he?"

I laughed out loud; Jack's bisexual tendencies were revealing themselves in the presence of such a fine specimen of a man/boy...