Chapter seven- Choices

OHMYGOD I AM PISSING MYSELF LAUGHING RIGHT NOW!! I'm on my school bus, and this boy (who's name, ironically enough, is Charlie) and his brother Robert were saying that I was dating this mongrel boy. He was about to get off at his stop and I said "Fall off the bus please?" and he said no, but then he actually did!!! It was soooooooo funny. Karma baby, karma!! I'm so glad I'm writing this on my iPod. XDDDD

Well anyway, here's the seventh chapter of Naruto- a Narnia rewrite? Hope you enjoy!!

________________________________

I played my flute a little louder, and heard a gasp from Sasuke and Kakashi as Sakura was slowly squeezed until she could no longer breathe. I heard the displacement of air as Kakashi moved, seeming to gesture or something. "It's her! That girl is somehow using the flute to attack Sakura!"

Then I heard running, getting closer to me, and I almost opened my eyes, but Haku leapt in front of me, forcing Sasuke back. I couldn't help it then; I had to make sure..!

My eyes snapped open, quickly homing in on where Sasuke and Haku were. Haku seemed to be doing fine, and Sasuke too, but still... maybe I could incapacitate Sasuke without hurting him? Then I could get Haku away before Naruto got here and more people got senselessly hurt... but Haku wouldn't come without Zabuza... this was so frustrating!

I heard a gasp, "Ch... Charlie?!"

I froze, the flute notes halting, and Sakura dropped to the floor, caught by Tazuna. Sasuke stopped as he saw my eyes, allowing him to get hit by Haku.

"Charlie!" Sakura started running toward me, but was stopped by Kakashi, who appeared beside her and assessed me with a blank look.

"Careful, Sakura... she's not on our side anymore." Kakashi said, and I bit my lip. Those words stung. "Charlie... I thought you were kidnapped by Mist?"

I stood up slowly, lowering my flute and returning Kakashi's cold look. "I was."

"Then why are you here?" Kakashi asked, and I twirled my flute slightly to disguise the tension I felt.

"Because Zabuza-sama and Haku-kun saved me." he flinched on the honorifics, and looks of hurt and betrayal crossed my old friend's faces. "They fought the others for me."

"But-"

"Enough talking!" Zabuza ran at Kakashi, and the fighting started again.

I watched the two fights, careful to keep the agony I felt from tearing across my features. I could only help one side... I couldn't help both. If I helped neither then I knew how it would go, but if I helped Zabuza and Haku, maybe I could save them? But could I face the betrayal I would be committing against team seven?

My breath hitched as Haku's ice mirrors swirled up around him and Sasuke. I bit my lip, my vision spotting. What do I do, what do I do?! Many of the people I care about are in danger, and from each other! Deciding which side to help is like deciding whether to live or breathe! How do I choose?!

Next thing I knew, a yellow and orange flash dove into the ice mirrors. Great! Now yet another person I care for was in danger! My breathing was close to hyperventilation now. Was this what it meant to be a ninja?! To have all your loved ones in danger?!

Fiery energy swirled through the ice mirrors, and I gasped in horror as they shattered, Haku and Naruto exploding through it. Naruto was cloaked in red energy, and I knew what was happening.

I looked away, on the verge of a full-scale panic attack. "No.." I noticed Kakashi summoning his dogs, and stared at Haku. "No, Haku! Stop fighting!" he looked at me as the last of his mask fell from his face, and smiled warmly. Just like that first day. My heart thudded in my chest, and he waited for his death to come, but Naruto stopped, his rage gone. He looked to Haku, then to me, the back again.