Chapter eight - Man up, Sasuke!

Disclaimer: I Do OWn NArutO...

You: No ya don't.

Me: Aww dang it, my hypnotism ain't working. :(

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. If I did, Orochimaru would have been crushed by a stegosauras by now. Cause those things are friggin awesome. Not Orochimaru, Stegosauras'. Pi? One and a half... To get to the other side... yellow, green, white, purple... King Henry the eighth... the apple never falls far from the tree... and so on.

PS. This chappie is dedicated to XxMeWxX4444 because her comments make me smile :) and also because she has given me a lot of support. So thank you Mew-chan!! You cheered me up today when I was feeling down :D

And you got quite a good chappie, if you ask me. If you like the fluff, that is.

Anyway, on with the show- er, I mean story!!

*+*•*+*•*+*•*+*•*+*•*+*•*+*•*+*•*+*•*

"Ugh..." I wandered me and Zoey's flat, rubbing my head. I had such a bad headache...

I bit my lip as it brought back memories of the last headache I had. It had developed into a full-blown migraine, so I'd had to stay in bed for two days.

My mom had cared for me, bringing me food, and hot chocolate, anything she thought would help.

I went to the kitchen and took a headache pill, shivering in disgust. At least it would get rid of it.

I wonder how they're doing? Mom, Dad, Sam... I hope they're okay without me. I wonder if they miss me? I laughed humorlessly as I imagined my Mom and Dad talking and laughing with Sam, but it died as I thought of how worried they'd be.

What kind of daughter was I? To be here, having fun, when they're back home probably worried sick! I should go back, tell them I'm okay... I want to go back. I'm not cut out for this life.

~Naruto POV~

I knocked hard on the door of the building that Zoey said was her and Charlie's home, and some weird, sour-faced guy opened it. I flinched as he glared up at me. "Whatta ya want?"

I swallowed, then elbowed the teme standing behind me. He glared at me, then said in his most polite voice, "We're looking for Charlie? She lives in the top flat."

The man frowned, but let us through. We could still hear him grumbling about kids and parties as we made our way up the many, many stairs.

We came to a door which had Charlie and Zoey's names written on, and Sasuke knocked hard. There was a slight shuffling and commotion, and a clack as the chain was put in. The door opened, constricted by the chain across it. All I could see was Charlie's yellow eyes; she didn't have any lights on inside.

It was kind of creepy, her eyes seemed to glow, but held a kind of lost look. She was hurting still.

"Charlie." I murmured, "It's us. Can we come in?"

She frowned at us a second, then shut the door. A second later it swung open, and we went in. I bit my lip, and went to snap the lights on, but a cold hand caught my wrist.

"Don't." she croaked, and my eyes widened; she sounded terrible. "I have a migraine."

She went to her kitchen sink and pickud up a glass of water that had been beside it. Her hands were shaking, I could see that now thatmy eyes had adjusted, and she looked extremely malnourished.

"Well? What do you want?" she asked tiredly, and Sasuke frowned.

"We want you to come back to Team Seven." as usual, teme was straight to the point.