Rochelle

I sat at the bottom of my stairs while the rustling noises up in my room continued. I wanted to tell Nella to hurry up with desperation, but I knew her well enough to know that if I do she will just go slower to annoy me on purpose.

So the only thing I had left to do was sit here and wait. 

Our house really needed to be tidied up, but despite it being the holidays both my mum and dad were out at work all the time and I, like most 15 year old girls couldn't be bothered. 

To be honest, I'm glad the summer holidays are finally here since I don't have to spend all my time at this filthy hole and actually go out and have a good sociall life, and it hurts to know that in 6 weeks we will have to go back to school again. I wish america was like russia and got 3 month off in the summer. If one day I become president I will change the law and make the holidays that long.

I don't understand how my dad manages to watch tv, firstly it's tiny, secondly, there are piles of clothes and other useles things covering up the screen. I can never even invite anyone round my house, there isnt even room to place your foot, let alone somewhere to sleep or even just chill out appart from sitting up in my room and browsing aimlessly on my laptop, thats what my friends tend to do IF they do come round.

About 15 minutes must have passed before Nella came down the stairs, wearing blue shorts, sandals, a crop top with an american flag on it. Her very long blode hair was curled, eyeliner perfectly flicked and her legs were long and tanned. I was wearing shorts as well, but I was wearing   a vest top with them. I was a tiny bit shorter then Nella, and my hair was brown, straigh and not as long. My block frindge covered up my eye brows. 

She smiled at me, and I tried to control my anger-I just had to wait for her for about 45 minutes and she acts as if she's done nothing wrong at all.  But I knew I had to fogive her, she's y best friend after all, and I was sort of used to it. A couple of weeks back, we were going to see our favourite band and because she had to re-do her eyeliner so many times we were late by about 2 hours, no exaggerating. 

'Come on, everyone would be at the beach by now.' She said.

'Wow, really? You dont say!!' I rolled my eyes at her sarcasticly. 

She just chuckled and we walked out of my front door.

The weather in Florida was always amazing, especially in the summer. I pulled out my black sungasses from my bag and put them on, as we walked towards the newly opened beach which was basicly around the corner from my house. 

'Have you applied suncream?' Nella asked me.

Then I remembered- I havent. 

'Oh whoops I forgot, I will do it when I get there' I replied. 'Do you know who's going?'

'Loads of people, since the beach is brand new.  Derick texted me earlier on and said he was coming!' she winked at me. 

'Yayy!' I smiled happily. I had a huge crush on derick for a couple of years now, we were pretty good friends but nothing more, he always went for the sluttier, louder girls which is something I'm not. He went out with Nella for 2 month before but they decided it wasnt working and just went back to being friends. 

Not to be horrible since she's my best friend and everything, but Nella gets everything she wants all the time. Her house is huge and has a massive indoor and outdoor swimming pool, she has like the whole apple collection, designer clothes and she can get any guy she wants. I actually really dont know why she hangs around with me.

When we arrived at the beach, it was amazing.It was shieled by cliffs, making it even warmer, she sand was dazzling gold, and the water was just...Wow. You could see right through it.