Part fourteen - Spilt Blood.

Start from the beginning

The ball room would have been one of the hardest rooms to dust because there were many shelves with little ornaments on them that you had to pick up individually.

"You did a nice job; I should get you to do it more often." I heard Slade come into the room just as I had finished dusting the last item. Was that a compliment that he had just given me? Why did I feel the need to impress him?

"Thank you Master." I replied without looking up.

"The floor will need to be scrubbed now." He said and I actually took the time to look up to him. It was like seeing an angle, only vampires weren't angels at all. I could not believe that I now had to scrub the floor. Slade held a bucket of soapy water and a small scrubbing brush in his hand. Lucky me!

It was one of those moments where you just want the person to break out in a smile and say 'I'm just kidding! I wouldn't do that to you.'

I realised that was never going to happen so I went and took the items from Slade and he nodded before walking out of the room. I would be dead tired from doing all of this work today, and then he'd still expect me to go to that stupid dinner tonight. This was crazy!

I got down on my hands and knees to scrub the floor. About halfway through I somehow dozed off and went to sleep on the floor.

I woke up to find my face squished into the wet scrubbing brush. I jumped up frantically when I realised that I had fallen asleep. We had the fancy dinner tonight, Slade would be so mad!

I didn’t want to leave the floor half done, so I quickly finished it off and then ran back upstairs to my room. I quickly had a shower and made sure to give my hair a good wash so that I could style it nicely.

As I was stepping back into my room while wearing only my towel, the door opened and Slade came in.

“M-Master.” I stuttered in surprise.

"You really should stop appearing when only wearing a towel." Slade commented while his eyes darkened in colour.

"S-Sorry." I stuttered again. "But if I may point out, this is my room and you are the one who keeps walking in on me."

"Oh Darling you’ve got it all wrong. This is actually one of my rooms considering I own the whole mansion. So maybe you are just walking in on me."

"What would you like me to wear to the dinner tonight?" I asked, while trying to distract him away from the fact that I was completely naked under this towel.

"You should be asking what I want you to wear after the dinner tonight." Slade replied with a cunning smile and my heart beat fastened. "The answer would be...nothing. Oh and as I may recall, you owe me."

I felt my cheeks pale and my stomach twisted in knots. I'd never gone that far with a guy, let alone a vampire! Sexy or not, I wasn't ready.

"I'm sorry Master."

"Begging won’t get you anywhere, Darling; you should know that by now. Anyway, let’s not focus too much on the after dinner plans. You need to make a good impression tonight, or you will be punished. I'm having a dress sent up here to you which you will then put on and meet me down stairs. I will then escort us into the waiting car which will take us to the private restaurant."