Part ten- Where Are Your Table Manners?

A/N: YES! I know I haven't updated in a looong time like a month or so, and YES I know that this is fairly SHORT but I am sososososo SORRY! I promise I'll try harder, it's just that I got really stuck and didn't know where to go or what to write but I think it's all good now :) writing this popped some new ideas into my head. And one more thing, I never ever proof read my stories so sorry about the mistakes hahaha :3 enjoy your read!

I’m The Option You Shouldn’t Have Chosen- Part ten- Where Are Your Table Manners?

Slade had dismissed me after glaring at me for a while and making me feel as small as a mouse. My orders were then to go back up to my room and re-shower as more raspberry shampoo was being supplied. I then had to sit and wait for an outfit to be delivered to my room by Darcy.

A knock sounded on the door and the Darcy came in holding an ugly, pink, puffy dress on a hanger.

“You’ve got to be kidding me, right?” I questioned.

“I’m sorry Miss Violet but this is what Master Slade ordered me to bring to you.”

“It’s disgusting.” I said with a laugh. I couldn’t imagine what Isabella would be wearing compared to my ugly ‘dress’. The sleeves were puffed up from the shoulders and all the way down the arms, it would go down passed my knees, it was covered in white polka-dots and there was a big pink bow that tied around the waist. Wonderful, right?

But then again, Slade said I had to wear, that doesn’t mean I can’t change it, I thought with a smile slipping across my face.

“Darcy.” I said in the friendliest smile on my face.

“Yes Miss?” She asked.

“I’ll need you to bring me some scissors and some pins.” She gave me a look that said ‘that’s never going to happen’ so I quickly jumped in talking before she could answer me. “Now don’t say ‘no’ already, I just need to make some...changes to this dress so that it’ll fit better. Don’t worry, I’m sure Slade will love it and I won’t let you get blamed for anything.”

Darcy hesitated for a moment while staring at me. “You’ve got character Miss Violet; I’ll bring them to you, but don’t let me get in trouble.”

I waited a few minutes while Darcy went to get me the scissors and pins. I used this time to figure out what I wanted to do with the dress- it was obviously hideous the way it was. But I didn’t know whether I wanted it sexy, elegant, girly or fancy. Usually a girl would know by the occasion, but would this be just dinner?

“Thank you so much Darcy.” I gushed as she returned with the supplies.

“But be careful Miss Violet, we are on a time schedule; I’ll be back in twenty minutes.” Darcy warned as she scampered out of the room, probably to go follow some more of Slade’s orders.

I stared at the dress for a little while longer before realizing that I had to make a start. I did have some skills when it came to clothes as my mum used to own a dress shop when I was younger- only after some time some buyers came across the shop and they loved it so they offered her a sum of money so they could buy it out. I tried to tell my mum not to sell it to them but she had responded with ‘My talent comes from the heart, just because I don’t have the shop, it doesn’t mean I can’t sew.’

And for years she continued making more dresses which she sold to all of her friends.

So I knew, somewhere in me I had at least a little bit of my mother’s talent.

I un-stitched the puffy sleeves and used the scissors to cut the front so it would sit as a strapless dress. I then cut it short, to around mid-thigh and cut a slit up the side so that it would show off my already visible legs.

I managed to get the pink bow off of the dress and tossed it aside. I then sewed places to make it look better and then tied the bow into my hair. I pulled the dress on and it fit snug like a sock. Did I mention that it looked totally sexy? Even though it was pink and polka dotted.

I was just hoping that Slade wouldn’t kill me for it, but then again at least now the joke is on him. If he were anything like a normal man, he wouldn’t be able to resist that much leg. I’m not saying I wanted him on me; I just wanted to be better than Isabella.

I waited around for a bit not sure on what I was supposed to do until I heard a knock on my door. “Come in.” I called out.

A person I’d never seen before greeted me. She was an older lady with grey hair and slight wrinkles around her eyes.

“Master Slade awaits your company in the ballroom near the kitchen.” She said in a polite but posh voice. “Do you need my assistance to get there?”

“No thank you.” I replied with a warm smile. “I know my way there.”

I walked out of the room and started to walk down the corridor towards the stairs that would lead to the kitchen.

Slade had never mentioned how many people were coming to this ‘dinner party’ but from the sound coming from the ballroom I’d say there was at least twenty or more. I was now even more thankful that I had altered my dress. It would have been more than embarrassing if I had shown up in what the dress had really looked like.

The ballroom was massive, with a huge glass table in the middle of the room with chairs surrounding it and chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. If it wasn’t for the fact of every eye in the room staring at me it would have taken my breath away. I looked around the room until I met Slade’s eyes. I had expected him to be angry but he looked quite…amused?

Sitting next to him was Isabella in a tight blue dress that left nothing to the imagination and of course; she was scowling at me. I noticed that where everyone was sitting they had their name written on a fancy piece of paper, I looked around to find mine which was obviously placed next to Slade.

‘Violet Chellsworth.’ The card read and almost brang tears to my eyes, making me think of my family. No, I had to stay strong.

As I sat in my seat I felt Slade lean over and breathe on my neck. “I don’t believe that is the dress that got sent to your room.” He whispered in my ear.

“Oh it’s still the same dress.” I replied back with a smirk.

“You’re putting yourself in a very dangerous position.” Slade whispered in a husky voice. “This room is full of Vampires. You stupid, stupid girl.”

“I’m not stupid; I knew what I was doing.” I answered and then turned away as if to ignore him. The thought of being in a room with vampires sent a slight chill through my body and I was getting a few curious glances from some of them. But to me it didn’t matter, I had out staged Slade and he had nothing to say about it.

I knew as I put my hand on his leg that what I was doing was dangerous, but I was already too far sucked into his world.