Part twenty five- Birthday Surprises

I’m The Option You Shouldn’t Have Chosen- Part twenty five- Birthday Surprises

“Come in.” I yelled from my bathroom as I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I was in the middle of towel drying my hair after my shower and boy did I smell like raspberries!

“I’ve got your dress.” Darcy called back happily. If she was happy that meant the dress was meant to be nice and not embarrassing. God help Slade if he thought he was going to try and embarrass me on my own birthday!

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel around my body so I could take a look at it. Darcy unzipped the plastic carry bag and held out a stunning primrose coloured dress that was floor length. It had a heart-shaped neck line with a thin strip of material going around the bodice to separate the top of the dress and where it starts its flow to the bottom. It was gorgeous and I knew that I would feel pretty in it. Excitement bubbled up inside of me. Surely I could have this one night to enjoy myself! I then decided that that’s what I was going to do. Life here had been miserable from the start and I knew the situation I was in wasn’t good. Deep down I had a feeling that this may be the one night of fun I may ever get.

Darcy helped me into the dress and zipped it tightly at the back. I asked her kindly to French braid my hair and to have it going to one side which she happily agreed to. She then secured some pins into my hair that had little diamonds on the end of each one to add sparkle. I felt and looked like a princess.

I wanted to prove to Slade that he could trust me. I wanted him to be able to know that I was going to follow his every word. But in the end, I was going to make his world come crashing down like he did to mine. Whatever plans he had made for me, I was going to make sure they would be thrown out the window. I didn’t quite know how I was going to do this, but I would find a way.

“Master Slade is going to think you look beautiful.” Darcy commented as I sat on the end of my bed and she strapped white high heels onto my feet.

“Are you sure?” I questioned nervously. “I mean, it doesn’t seem like he has an affectionate bone in his body.”

Darcy gave me a small smile as she stood up to leave but stopped at the door. “Slade has affection for you. Trust me on that one. If you were anyone else you’d probably be dead. It’s not common for him to let anyone walk all over him.” She then scurried off before I could question her more. And by the sparkle in her eyes, she knew I had more questions.

Did I really get away with that much?

I stood up from the bed and walked over to the small mirror in my room so that I could put on some makeup. After searching through the makeup bag in my bathroom I decided to put on a coat of mascara and a swipe of red gloss to match in with the dress. I gave myself a once over in the mirror before walking to my bedroom door on shaky legs. I was so nervous and had no idea why! But it wasn’t a scary nervous, I was just full of excitement.

I slowly walked down the stairs, because let’s face it; heels and stairs don’t mix. I didn’t want to fall and mess myself up before the night had even begun. When I reached the foyer at the bottom of the stairs I could sense that Slade was nearby. I turned my head and saw that he was standing in the kitchen facing me. I could feel his eyes gazing over my body as I tried to calmly walk up to where he was.

“You look amazing.” Slade commented with a grin before pouring blood out of a crystal vase and into a wine glass. “Drink?” he asked.

“Thank you.” I said as I accepted the drink and moved the glass to my lips. I took a delicate sip because I didn’t want to look greedy, which was pretty hard considering I just wanted to gulp the coppery stuff down and feel it wave throughout my body.