Chapter 7

---Thorn's POV---

As soon as my eyes opened, I knew I was sleeping and somehow 'woke up' inside my dream. Only, I didn't recognize my surroundings. Normally, it would be the warped trees from earth, where werewolves would snap at my ankles as I ran for my life, or the occasional warlock and witch, whom wanted to capture me alive to test new potions on.

I glanced around warily, observing the room I was in closely. Although I was still sleeping, I somewhat feared that someone might have been able to remove my body from Bidziil's realm.

A fire snapped quietly in the fireplace, casting a warm light over the darker tones of the living room. The black leather couch beside the grey walls contrasted sharply with several purple ornaments on the brown bookcase.

Curiosity sparked to life when I noticed a single, white feather lying in one of the shelves, making me inch closer while I glanced through the room. Before I even made it to the feather, I heard a low sigh behind me, causing every muscle in my body to tense up.

Spinning around quickly, my eyes were instantly pinned by a pair of golden ones. I froze to the floor, numb by the realization that his eyes were just like mine; the bright irises floating in a sea of darkness.

Those golden eyes raked me from head to toe while I stared at the muscular man standing in the middle of the room. He had his arms crossed, revealing the heavily tattooed skin of one arm while the other only held a single name.

He moved before I could read it though, stepping forwards and reaching out hesitantly. I backed away until my shoulders brushed against the bookcase behind me, the ornaments tinkling slightly when I bumped against the solid wood.

"I can't...understand- why haven't I sensed you before?" the man's broken whisper fluttered through the room while I eyed him warily, slowly moving to the side when I noticed I was nearly in a corner.

He stepped closer again before coming to a halt when the room instantly filled with whispers and growled muttering, the lights mounted against the walls flickering before they shut down.

The man looked around, muscles flexing with each movement before his eyes rested on the shadow that hovered in a corner of the room. As if knowing I was responsible, he darted around and pinned me with an astonished glare before his expression softened.

An amused chuckle slipped from him and unintentionally, I started to relax when I felt no hostility coming from him or his house. He smiled, though the motion was sad while he inclined his head in my direction.

I blinked and frowned when everything was growing blurry, feeling shocked when the man simply held his hand out for me to touch, which I reluctantly did before he gave me a gentle squeeze.

"Wake up...We'll meet again soon." He stated, sounding very sure of himself. His golden eyes twinkled briefly before they changed, the black fading into white and his features suddenly changing into a familiar face, who looked down worriedly at me.

"Finally!" Bidziil breathed worriedly as I shook my head slightly, blinking the last remnants of my dream away. Was it really a dream though? It had felt so real, the room, the man, the emotions that waved from him.

A hand brushed gently over my face, the knuckles skimming over my jawbone as I slowly blinked my eyes open again. Bidziil was staring down at me with worry in his eyes, the warmth coming from his body relaxing me completely. Alduin coiled his tail a bit, reminding me where I was again before I blinked back at the man who was still stroking my face.

"You were extremely quiet in your sleep." He started to explain at my confused stare as to why he was being so touchy-feely. "After a moment, you took a deep breath and then you were...gone." His hand stopped on my brows, checking my temperature before I glanced at the topaz eyes of Alduin as he tasted the air, his forked tongue flicking sharply in my direction.