Epilogue

---Thorn's POV---

Years slowly passed without my noticing, where we settled into a comforting pattern. The Earth slowly but surely recovered and flourished under the watchful gaze of the Precursors.

The few humans that had survived were now vastly outnumbered by the supernatural creatures, but, they were safeguarded from harm.

After all, my father and Ye'iitsoh had traveled all around the world to snuff out the monstrosities that were still willing to kill the last humans.

Not because of humanity's past of destroying their own world, slowly but surely, but simply because they were different.

Ironically, once the supernatural world had been called out, that their actions were exactly what the humans had been doing, they had balked.

Before realizing we were right.

Still, it would take many more years before the Earth would fully recover. And it would never change back to how it was like humanity remembered.

New animal species had evolved from the harsher conditions, new plants sprouted in corrupted soil and took roots.

Life would always find a way. In a sense, the world had indeed ended, but not in the way it was predicted. Humanity had spent ages attempting to predict the end of the world.

But what exactly was the definition of the end? The world blowing up? A vast change in society that ended the world as we knew it, warped it into something new?

A smile slid on my lips as my eyes landed on my parents, seated on a couch swing in the garden. Mum had taken quite a liking to Bidziil's home and had, with his permission, started expanding on his garden until it flourished beautifully.

Strong hands caged me in on either side before a warm chin rested on my shoulder. I shivered when Bidziil's stubble rasped against my cheek seconds before he pressed a gentle kiss against my jaw.

"My brother is late. Something about having to deal with unruly pups." Bidziil snorted, making me chuckle softly. Ah yes, that was indeed an interesting situation.

To be honest, I was more than grateful that Ye'iitsoh had the self-control to wait, as Blake had still been underaged when they first met.

From what I've heard, it hadn't been easy, especially not after Blake's wolf had been awakened. As soon as it had manifested, his body has a massive growth spurt, adapting to the usual build of natural werewolves.

And consequently, flooded the boy with hormones. I snickered at the memory of Ye'iitsoh's flustered attempts to keep Blake and Cole in line.

Their wolves were demanding them to mate, to seal the bond between the three. For werewolf society, it was normal to mate within the day of finding the other half of the bond.

So it was only natural that their wolves lashed out, pushing and shoving at every chance they got, even if all three of them agreed that Blake was still too young.

Luckily, after we sat both Blane and Cole down and basically told their wolves that, if they weren't going to behave, we'd forcefully split the three of them apart, they calmed down.

So naturally, the second Blake's eighteenth birthday hit, Cole had instantly jumped on the opportunity to mark Blake. Neither of them had cared that they were in the middle of the group, celebrating Blake's birthday.

Ye'iitsoh had only groaned and rolled his eyes before teleporting them to his own home and away from prying eyes.

And now I hadn't seen them for a few days. True, they had visited from time to time but Ye'iitsoh let us know that they were still working out the pack mechanics.