Chapter 3: Anything in mind for Gary

*A/N* Hey guys. This chapter is going to be about what they are going to do with Gary's body and a bit more back story that I missed out when telling you about Gary so...

Enjoy!!!

***
Chapter 3
***

Hours had passed and eventually everyone had passed out. For me it was a really stressful night. Having images of Gary like that just wouldn't leave my head. I had bad dreams all night which resorted to me waking up in the early hours of the morning. No one else was awake but me. Asa decided to sleep on the couch chair thing since it was the only comfortable thing to really sleep on. John was asleep at the bar. I'm kind of surprised that he hasn't fallen off yet. Hailee and Chloë still on the chairs that we left them in and all the other people just on floor. I had no real memory of where I had originally fallen asleep. I guess Asa had put me here on the coffee table with pillows to keep comfortable. It was so quiet inside and out, I wonder what it looks like outside. The lights were all off and it was cold I guess the power shut down.

I decided to get up when I looked down and saw that I still had Gary's blood on me. I went to the bathroom with my backpack and got changed into my spear cloths from after work. I washed off the dried blood that was on my skin and just stared at myself in the mirror before leaving. I went over to John and woke him up peacefully. I asked him when he was awake enough "So, what are we going to do with Gary's body?" with wonder in my voice. He answered "I don't know, but we can't put him outside for a real burial because it's not safe out there. What do you think?" I thought for a while when it just popped into my mind. I told him with a stutter trying to hold back the tears "W-why d-don't w-we p-put... *sigh* him in the back room." Then tears started to come to his eyes as well. "B-but w-we haven't been allowed to go in there e-ever s-since the tragedy." I reply while patting him on the back "I think it's time we go in there for him, he would have wanted this." So we both got up and went to pick Gary up carefully. I grabbed his feet while John grabbed under his arms trying not to get blood on his cloths. We scooted over slowly, not to wake people up, to the back room, John tried opening it but the door was locked when I remembered Gary always kept the key in his front pocket to always be near his heart. I dug through his pocket, got the key and handed it carefully to John. As he unlocked the door and turned the handle, he slowly pushed the door revealing the room behind it. It was so dusty and had spider webs everywhere. We lift Gary's body onto the neat but dusty bed and made him look peaceful.

You see, Gary had a wife. Her name was Nina and she was the second beautiful woman that I looked up to. She was second because my mum was the first and that will never change. Well after about 2 years with Gary and Nina being our foster parents, Nina was diagnosed with breast cancer. She fort through it as much as she could with chemo but it just wasn't enough. It had gone to deep into her body so they couldn't help her any longer. Nina's tomb stone said "RIP Nina Katherine Amara Miller, January 9th 2000-January 6th 2045. She was lovely, caring and lived her life as full as possible with her husband Gary Walter Miller and her two loving kids Abigail Bailee Pierce and Jonathon Zach Pierce." After her death Gary was very sad and a little lonely without us around and the last memory he had with her was in this very room. He locked it up to try and keep that memory there, and when he would feel down he would go in there just to feel her presence. It seemed like he hadn't been down for a while since there were spider webs in front of the door. He always kept the key near his heart to always have a piece of her in some way. We haven't been in here since she died which was 8 years ago, I actually kind of feel her presence here just like Gary did.

*A/N* Hope you like it so far. In my opinion it is going to be getting better and better but it hasn't fully built up to the really good parts yet. So keep reading for the next chapter will be great.

Sincerely

Dakoda/Kodagirl