Tix

Tix was a resident in the psychiatric ward that Rae is released from at the beginning of Series One

Tix was a resident in the psychiatric ward that Rae is released from at the beginning of Series One. She was anorexic and also suffered from an unrevealed illness that causes her to hurt people when they touched her, or when she was stressed. At the end of series one, Tix collapses and is taken to hospital. It is revealed at the end of "Alarm!" that Tix is dead.

Series One

In the first series, Tix is often there to give Rae support and encourages Rae to leave the hospital and make other friends. She also gives Rae advice, but often this advice scares Rae rather than helps her. For example, in Episode Two, "Touched", Tix scares Rae by suggesting that Rae wouldn't know what to do ifArchietouched her or wanted to have sexual intercourse with her.

In Episode Five, "It's a Wonderful Rae pt 1", Tix collapses after overexercising and throwing away her food.

Series Two

It is revealed at the end of "Alarm!" that Tix is dead when Rae goes to her grave and places an envelope there containing the letters she has been writing her.

Relationships

Rae

Tix is Rae's closest and most trusted friend. Although her advice is sometimes unhelpful, she encourages Rae to leave her shell and make new friends. She is the most supportive of Rae and understands her situation more than Rae's other friends do.

Danny Two-Hats

Danny is another resident of the psychiatric ward and Tix's friend. In Episode FIve, "It's a Wonderful Rae pt 1", Tix and Danny go on a date at the park. It is implied that they like each other but not confirmed.