30.

The light sound of my mother's fists colliding with my front door made my heart fall. Tears were desperately welling in my eyes, ready to fall and stain my cheeks. I took a deep breath in, refusing to allow my mom to see me in this way unless it be out of joy to see her.

"She's here." I mumbled, quickly standing from where I sat beside Harry on the couch.

Harry stood up as well, placing his hands on my shoulders before we made our way over to the door.

"Please don't break down. From the moment I leave this door to the moment we meet again, please don't shed a single tear for any reason to do with me." Harry pleaded, his eyes locked on mine with desperation. I wanted so badly to kiss his lips just one more time.

"Daddy..." I whispered, somehow afraid that my mother could hear us from outside the door, though there was no way she could.

"I'm Harry from now on, okay? At least until we can work things out."

"But-" I spoke up but Harry cut me off, "No. Don't fight it."

He glared into my eyes for a short moment longer before hearing my mother knock on the door once more. We both jumped in shock, as if we had forgotten the situation we were in, and we quickly made our way to the door.

I allowed Harry to open the door and we both met face to face with my mother. She looked stressed but also very happy to see me.

She instantly dropped her luggage and took me into her arms in a very tight embrace that I hadn't been quite in the mood for. I hugged her back anyways, trying my hardest to seem excited although my heart was breaking inside.

"I'm so happy to see you in such good shape!" My mother exclaimed, tightening her grip around my waist even more. I wanted to die of laughter, knowing I wasn't in as good of shape as she thought I was. I wished I could sport as much happiness as she had been in that moment.

"I missed you." I said, attempting to sound peppy and excited for her. Though, it only made me feel worse to have to act a completely different feeling, especially when the feeling was such a stark contrast to what I actually felt.

I looked at Harry from over my mother's shoulder with a frown on my face. He raised his eyebrows at me, his arms crossed over his chest as he mouthed, "You're okay." But was I actually okay? Would I make it through this?

I wanted so badly to break down and cry. I wanted to be in Harry's arms, not my mother's. I wanted at least one last chance to show Harry how much I loved him. I somehow found myself wishing my mother would've picked someone less desirable, so that way I wouldn't have to face the moment I was in.

But I couldn't imagine life without having met Harry. Though we only knew each other for such little time, we had already gone through nearly everything together. He made me cry, he made me angry, he made me beyond happy, and over everything else: he showed me how to love endlessly. I felt like my love for Harry would never cease, never in a million years, even more in that case.

Staring into his eyes from over my mother's shoulder made me feel something I'd never felt before. If that wasn't true love, then does true love even exist?

My mother pulled away from me after a long hug and she looked into my eyes for a short moment with a bright smile on her face and tears welling up in her own eyes.

"How about you help Harry carry his stuff out to his car, huh? Then we can go out for ice cream together because I'm sure you haven't done that in awhile?" My mother suggested.

I quickly nodded in response, pulling a smile onto my face before following Harry up the stairs and to the guest bedroom. I didn't get to close to him until we entered the room, knowing my mother's eyes would watch my every step.