Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"Harry, I'm going to have to kindly rush the hell out of you, okay, we're not properly disguised for you to watch the paint dry," Liam stated anxiously.

"Stupid American currency," Harry grumbled to himself sourly while attempting to shove the bill into the machine.

"What exactly is your predicament, mate?" Liam spat.

"It won't take the dollar."

Liam huffed. "Let me try." Without an answer, he jammed his way in between his friend and the vending machine, quickly working to get the bill accepted. To no avail, Liam nearly punched the glass. "What the hell is wrong with this thing?"

"So it's your predicament too, I see," Harry said, sarcasm braided through the phrase.

Liam ignored him, continuously trying again with the dollar until finally, after the eleventh try, he was able to get the vending machine to take it. Smugly, he turned around with arrogance in his shaded eyes and said, "A solved predicament, to be in fact."

Harry rolled his own eyes and pushed his bandmate aside. The lad punched in the code for a bag of candies, and the contraption groaned as it slowly dispensed the item. Harry practically cheered when he heard the thump of it hitting the base. After retrieving the snack, he automatically went to rip it open, and, to their luck, was unable to do so. "Are you even-"

"Here, since it appears I can do these types of tasks better than you can," Liam spat cockily. However, when he tried to open the bag himself, he quickly ate his words.

"I think Atlanta just has something against us, yea?" Harry joked, raking his long fingers through his waves.

Liam didn't respond; he remained his frustrated focus on the bag.

"Li, mate, it's not that big of a deal, we can try t-"

Harry was suddenly interrupted by the bag bursting open and little multicolored candies flinging all over the airport floor.

"Shit," Harry muttered a little too loudly, and he and Liam went straight to their hands and knees, cleaning up the mess. "Hurry, before-" Liam's retro sunglasses slipped off his face and clattered to the floor, the lenses scratching up.

"These were like fifty euros!" Liam cried in frustration.

"Oh...my...God." A shadow suddenly loomed over the two boys, and fear shot through them both as they gave a face to the voice. A girl, probably about fourteen, with blonde hair and freckles stood above them with her beaming blue eyes. Her face was turning red, and she clamped on harder to the smoothie cup she had in her hand [A/N: reference to Carissacake].

"H-hi there," Liam barely managed, unknowing of what to say.

"You're Liam Payne and Harry Styles from One Direction," the girl squeaked loudly, the words ringing in the building.

Before the boys could do anything else, other teenage girls that were sparaticly positioned throughout the area snapped their heads toward the sound. Slowly they all recognized the two and began to marvel at them, while Harry and Liam arose to their feet cautiously. "Seriously, I love you guys so much! Where's the rest of the band? I need a picture!" The girl rambled on as the boys started to back away. Like a group of hyenas approaching their prey, fans began to crowd the two at a speed increasing exponentially.

"...Should we run?" Harry asked lowly, almost in a whisper.

"Yep," Liam replied, and the two bolted off in the other direction, a mob of fans fast on their trail.