Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Iridesca struggled on top of her black zip-up suitcase in attempt to weigh the lid down as she yanked the zipper closed. She huffed with a sigh of success and gave a small smile as she had managed to pack for two weeks in only a suitcase and a duffel bag. "Desci, are you all packed and ready to go?" she heard a faint call of her mother's voice travel from the lower level.

"Almost," she replied in her syrupy voice. She mentally rethought over the contents of her suitcase and assured that it contained everything necessary for two weeks. Leaning on her hip in a relieved fashion, she slipped a smile of success and went to toy with her necklace chain (a bad habit she had) when a wave of panic dawned on her.

Feeling all along her collar bones and neck, hoping that maybe it was just in a different place on her stature, she practically began choking herself in attempt to make her locket appear. Frantically, Iridesca leant over her suitcase and checked along the zippers to see if her locket had fallen or been pulled off. With no luck, she tore her neatly-made bed apart, searching for a gleam of the silver. Unfortunately, she still saw no sign of the jewelry. Officially terror-stricken, she attempted to organize her thoughts enough to retrace her steps. Hope poisoned her conscience as she remembered taking a shower earlier that morning, in which she bustled to her bathroom. Scouring the countertop, she found nothing, but as she hurried to the next stop, the bathtub, a blunt pain shot through the bottom of her foot.

She gasped in surprise and went to investigate the culprit, and was relieved when she saw the backside of the silver heart lying on the rug below her. Iridesca knelt down and examined every part of the metal, checking for any damage. Luckily, she saw nothing but the gentle wear from age, and she released a sigh of relief as she clutched the necklace tightly to her chest. The ordeal began to reel her mind; Is this a sign? She asked herself. Why did I even agree to this?

Iridesca had sat there crouched on her bathroom floor with the necklace enlaced between her fingers for what felt like forever, just staring at the locket and pondering the trip she was soon to attend. She was going to be met up with everyone from her past. Why am I even worried? She thought. All of that was in the past. What the hell am I afraid of? She didn't have an answer. It seemed she didn't have an answer to anything lately regarding her life.

Her train of aimless thought and entrancement was disturbed by her mother's voice yet again. "Iridesca, when are you coming down?"

"Sorry, I'm coming down now," she called back in a voice that was unexpectedly calm. With an exhale, she got on her feet and made her way back into her room where she collected her luggage and exited, the necklace clenched tightly in her palm.

She arrived at the base of the stairs with her luggage to be greeted by her mother standing next to Elaine Parker posing casually in the main entrance, clad in sandals, colorful kimono wrap dress, big floppy sun hat and sun glasses. She took off her glasses and smiled at Iridesca. There was something different about her this time, though; her eyes seemed brighter when she smiled, and her toothy grin looked more genuine and effortless. Iridesca thought her skin was glowing as well, but it was just the sun coming through the door.

"Is that all you'll need?" June questioned her daughter, observing the two bags uncertainly.

"Yeah, uh, we will be out there for two weeks...are you sure that's enough?" Elaine added with a slight giggle.

"Well, I've packed six T-shirts, four tank tops, three pairs of shorts and one pair of jeans, two pairs of pajamas, one skirt and one-"

"Never mind, sweetie, it sounds like you're all good," June chuckled as she gestured with her hand for her daughter to stop.

"Well then, girls, lets head on out, shall we?" Elaine beamed. Without an answer, the peppy woman popped her glasses back on and strutted her way out announcing, "Florida, here we come!"

♥♫♥

Harry groaned as his stomach grumbled for the third time in five minutes. "My, Harry, your stomach seems to sing better than you," Louis stated, chuckling.

"Thanks, mate," Harry replied flatly.

"Why didn't you eat before we got here?" Niall asked.

He shrugged. "Woke up too late, I guess," Harry answered with a still slightly-groggy voice.

"That's what you get for staying up all night on the damn computer," Zayn snapped playfully.

"Hey, you're not allowed to sass me! That job is strictly for my mum, my sister, and Liam," the curly-headed boy laughed back.

"Really, though, you should've at least grabbed something," Liam stated, very matter-of-factly.

Harry shrugged again. Suddenly the door to their VIP waiting room opened, and their airport security guard popped his balding head in. "Alright, y'all, get ready to board in about fifteen minutes. I'm going to the terminal to check on everything, I'll be back to come collect all of you." The band was in the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta after their last concert for their tour and was heading home to London for a vacation.

The group of boys bustled, getting their belongings together, and Harry's stomach grumbled, again. "God, Liam, I'm starving."

Liam looked to his bandmate in frustration. "Can't you wait until we're on the plane?"

In the background, Louis cackled as Zayn swatted at Niall. "Look, we've got fifteen minutes. I can find a vending machine, get something and be back in five," Harry persuaded.

"Whoa, are you seriously considering going out there alone?"

"So you'll come with me?"

"That's not what I-" Liam started, but then sighed. "There's no way the guards will let you do that."

"Who said they have to let us?" Harry let his lips twist into a mischievous smile.

Liam's face lost all color. "You weren't thinking-"

"Well of course I was," Harry interrupted. Seeing Liam's strongly disapproving expression, he continued. "C'mon, Liam, it'll be fun!"

Liam sighed and looked at Harry uncertainly, but soon let a smile creep on his cheeks. "You, sir, need to stop hanging out with Louis."

Harry nodded his head in success before he snuck nonchalantly to his duffel bag and collected his wallet. Silently yet swiftly, the boys slipped out of the waiting room, through the hallway and out into the open airport.

---------

SHORT CHAPTER I KNOW I KNOW

But if I were to write more it would be too long, plus this is a pretty good stopping point in my opinion.

So yah, do whatcha wanna (:

Love you all!

-Levi (: xx