Chapter 9

As Marcus looked down at me I couldn't help but admire his stunning brown eyes and perfectly shaped face. His jawline appeared chiselled, like some roman statue. The sides of his mouth turn up as he sees me looking at him. I suddenly feel my stomach contract and the familiar feeling of bile rising from within me. His smile distorts into a worried frown, causing small lines to form on his forehead. He places a gentle hand on my back as I lean over the side of the bed and release the contents of my empty stomach into a bucket.

"Oh god" I whimper, my eyes begin to fill with tears causing the room to appear blurry.

"Hey, it's okay" he whispers, slightly rubbing my shoulder with his thumb. I look up from the floor, my eyes now swollen and red.

"It's not. It really isn't" I start to cry, not holding the hot tears back anymore. My body shakes, raking with sobs.

I have never really had a good cry since arriving here. I tried to stay positive, but my family was most likely dead and now I had to accept that I was alone and being used by Captain Holt and whoever else that wanted me.

It made me sick...

"I know" he smiles slightly and sits down on the bed beside me, wrapping his large arms around me. I lean in and lay my head on his shoulder. If only he truly knew how it felt.

I don't know him well yet, but I feel as though we've met in another life.

"Stay strong, for me?" he practically begs, blowing warm breath into my ear.

"Okay," I finally answer, giving in to plea. I slowly fall asleep while he strokes my newly brushed hair, lulling me to sleep.

--------

I woke up with a booming headache and a terrible pain that spread from my ribs and crept across my body.

I looked down and saw Marcus sleeping with his head on my chest and his arms wrapped around my waist.

He looked peaceful and so innocent. He breathed deeply, fanning me with warm air.

Marcus began to shuffle on me in his sleep, he groaned and slowly opened his eyelids, revealing his light green irises.

"Hi," he says groggily. His tired eyes land on me and begin to search my features for something. his gaze focusses on my own eyes, causing me to look down nervously.

"Hello," I answer cheerfully looking cautiously back up at his charming features.

I stared at him for a few moments, he radiated pure charisma and charm. He was attractive, but I could tell he was more interested in my forbiddeness than me. I tilted my head slightly at him until the door opened and a cheerful Bernard walked in.

"Marie I brought you your break-" He stops talking and looks at Marcus and I in shock. His mouth agape at the scene in front of him.

"Bernard, I Uh- just woke up" I explain, knowing what he must have thought. We weren't together, but I already felt a strong connection to him.

"I can see that" he looks away from me, almost disgusted and stares at the wall for a brief moment. His eyes showed grief and anger. Breaking from his disappointed stare he glances back down at me.

"I guess I'll leave you two" he places my breakfast tray down and leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

"He'll be fine," Marcus says casually while nustling into my chest even more. His flippant behaviour showing me that he didn't care about his best friend's feelings.

"No, this isn't right" I furrow my eyebrows and get up from my bed, leaving Marcus lying there.

I open the door and look around for Bernard. I couldn't find him so I continue down the hall peeking in different rooms.

"May we help you miss?" Two soldiers stood side by side in front of me.

"Oh no, I'm just looking for Mr Angle. Have you seen him?" I ask, waiting for an answer as they both look at each other.

"Come with us" I follow behind one of them, the other behind me.

They lead me into a room and the soldier that was behind me closed the door after he walked in.

They smirked at me.

"You're Marie right?" My smile faded when I realized they weren't bringing me to Mr Angle.

I turned to leave the room but was grabbed by one of the men.

"Hold on a minute there" the soldier in front of me spoke.

"I heard you were our... Little pet" him and his friend chuckle.

The soldier in front of me walked closer, with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Please, sir. Let me go" I beg, about to cry.

I look down at my hands and take a shaky breath in, I knew this would happen eventually.

"George wait outside" he commanded I look up at George and mouth 'please don't' he gave me a look as if saying sorry, and left.

Jerk...

"Don't worry, I don't bite" he said and grinned, that's not what I'm worried about..

He walked right up to me, now dangerously close.

"They picked a good one" he grabs my face and observes it.

"How old are you?" He asks, I was hesitant to answer but decided that I shouldn't be difficult.

"N-nine teen" I stutter.

"That's great" he grabs me and begins forcefully kissing me.

I slap him, hard on his cheek. He puts his hand on the red skin and growls at me.

"Ow" he rubs it and looks at me.

"I thought we could have some fun, but I guess you're not really in to it" I was disgusted with this man, I can't believe him. Of course I don't want to 'have fun' I just met him and if he thinks I'm easy, well! Let me assure you..

I am definitely not.

"Sir I would prefer you keep your hands off me" I state sternly, all my confidence now returned.

He smiles and grabs my arms to stop me from fighting.

"Shhh, just calm down" he whispers into my ear. A shiver is sent down my spine from his devilish tone.

"NO! GET OFF!" I scream, squirming under his grip.

"Mr Angle!!" "HELP!" I scream even louder, something I didn't think was possible.

The soldier put a hand over my mouth to silence me.

"What did I just say?!" He yells, forcefully shoving me against the wall.

"Please don't" I cry but he just smiles, he was a monster.

As he was about to kiss me one more time, the door bursts open and Bernard comes flying in. He grabs the soldier by the collar of his shirt and quickly shoves me out of the way. I stumble towards the door and look back at him. I can't just leave him here.

"Marie get out!" He yells, I immediately run. Although every part of me is telling me to stay. I continue down the hall, ignoring the pain inflicted by Captain Holt.

I run until I see the door to the office I've grown to recognize and fly in. I close the door and throw myself on the bed.

Panting, I cry into my pillow and hope leaving Bernard was the right decision. Why do I always get into these situations? Bernard being so kind to me has made me leave my guard down. I have to stop thinking I'm safe.. It's the only way to survive.

------

YAY! I updated! Hope you liked!

Vote, comment, whateva!