Chapter 10

When Edward pulled into my driveway the next day I still thought that he was kidding about the whole your going to meet my family, but when I answered the door I was so wrong.
   "Are you ready?" He asked me as I let him into my house. My dad had gone to work early that day so he wasn't going to be much of a bother.
   "Almost". I answered him as I pulled my long hair into a braid. Then I reached for my purse and faced him. "Now I'm ready...I guess".
Edward smiled. "I told you before Gabby I will never let anyone hurt you". He reminded me. I nodded my head.
   "I know that, but I'm worried that they won't like me because of what Bella did. They might think that all humans are...cruel and I-"
    "Hailey likes you quite a bit Gabby and she knows your still human. And Emmett doesn't mind you".
     "That's two for six-"
     "You mean three for six". Edward informed me as we headed towards his car.
    "Three? I don't know anyone-" Edward opened the passenger side door for me and I got in. He smiled.
    "You left out me Gabby". He said as he got into the car. I rolled my eyes.
    "I'm sorry Edward. I didn't mean to. I just".
     "It's quite alright Gabby". He replied as I glanced over at him. Something about his expression didn't make it seem like it was fine, but I didn't want to bother him with fifty questions unless they were important ones and this one didn't seem all that important.

As we pulled up to Edwards house or should I say mansion I almost fell over getting out of the car. I caught the mirror of the car to help me balance and I glanced back up at the house. Everything about the way it formed was so elegant. It had a beautiful magical feeling to it and yet it was modern some how.
   "Do you like it?" Edward asked as he came behind me. I turned to face him.
    "It's so beautiful". I replied making him smile. He put his hand on my shoulder making me jump.
   "Wait till you see the inside". He stated as he pulled me towards and inside the house. Entering the house I knew exactly what he meant when he said wait until you see the inside. The furniture and design of the interior was much more breathtaking then the outside. As my eyes wondered around the landed on the big black piano at the end of living room overlooking the beautiful glass windows.
    "Is that what I think it is?" I asked Edward as I walked over to it. I brushed my hands over the white keys and smiled at the piano.
    "Do you play?" He questioned me. I smiled and sat down on the bench.
    "Is that your first question?" I asked as he walked over to me.
     "I suppose it is".
     "I used to. I took lessons for about five years and only learned a few songs. However they were never any good so I kinda gave up". I answered him.
     "I'm sure you were a wonderful player Gabby". He reassured me as I felt the presence of someone watching us. I sat up from the bench as I spotted two more people staring at us. Edward stood up too and put his hand on my shoulder.
    "Gabby this is Alice and her mate Jasper. Jasper is a few months new to the family-"
     "But he's promised to keep his distance". Alice finished his sentence. She smiled at both of us and let out of Jasper. Then she zoomed over to me and gave me a big hug. "Thank you Gabby". Alice thanked me.
    "Your welcome...? But I'm not sure what I did to-"
     "For helping my brother get over Bella. We all appreciate it very much". Alice thanked me. I smiled and pulled away from her, but she grabbed onto both of my hands. "I'm so glad that he has someone like you in his life".
I didn't know what Alice was trying to get at, but I was just a friend to Edward. And I was glad to be just that. He was still hurting from what Bella did and I didn't want to pressure him into anything else.
    "I'm umm..just trying to be nice is all". I explained to her. Alice smiled and eyed her brother.
   "I think it's more then that". Alice added making me blush slightly. Edward rolled his eyes at his sister.
    "Alice dear please give Gabriela some space". A female voice replied. I turned my head up to the top of the stairs to find two more people smiling at us. However these two vampires looked older then Alice and Edward. The male with the blonde hair had a face of angle that mesmerized me. He floated down the stairs with what seemed to be his wife. He smiled at me and held out his hand.
   "Gabby it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm doctor Carlisle, but you can call me Carlisle". He introduced himself to me. I smiled and took his hand.
   "It's nice to meet you doc- I mean Carlisle, but how did you know to call me Gabby?"
    "Edward told us that you prefer Gabby over Gabriela". He answered my question. I nodded my hand and glanced up at Edward.
      "So he's been talking about me then? To all of you I mean?" I asked them all. All of them nodded there heads. I let out a sigh and crossed my arms over my head. Great. Edward was talking about me behind my back.
     "Don't worry". Alice smiled as she pulled me into another hug. "It's been all good things!"
   "Gabby this is Esme. My adoptive mother. Esme this is Gabby". Edward introduced me to the amber hair colored women on Carlisles arm. She smiled softly at me and held out her hand.
   "It's lovely to meet you Gabby. Edward has told me quite a bit about you. I promise you that everything that he's said has been good". Esme reassured me. I sighed as Edward put his hands on my shoulder. I glanced up at him as he just stared at his family.
   "We will give you two some alone time". Carlisle stated as he ushered his family members away from me and Edward.

Had to break this chapter and the next two up because they were way too long. Anyways Gabby finally got to meet the rest of the Cullen's! I'm so excited for her to get deeper into there world!