Chapter 4

"You know I can start giving you a ride to school if you want". Hailey offered. I took a sip of my soda and looked up at her as the chatter of the lunch room filled the air.
   "Is something wrong?" She asked me. I shook my head flipping my black hair into my face.
   "Don't take this the wrong way Hailey, but I just meant you yesterday. For all I know you could a serial killer or something". I replied back to her offer. She bursted out Laughing at my statement then smiled.
   "I cross my heart that I won't kill you". She reassured me with a giggle. I rolled my eyes at her. "Besides if I did kill you then you wouldn't get a chance to meet the rest of my family and I wouldn't get a chance to meet yours".
I just rolled my eyes at her statement about meeting my family. There wasn't really a family to meet. My sister always ignored me, my mom was dead and I didn't care for my dad. Oh yeah we were one big happy family.
   "Wait there's more of you?" I asked her trying to change the subject. She could sense what I was going and smirked at me.
   "Yup. There's six of us including me and Edward, but we're not all related". She answered my question. I raised an eyebrow at her.
   "Your not?"
She shook her head. "No were not. Our father Carlisle adopted all of us throughout his life". She said. "He's a great father and I think once you meet him you'll think so too".
   "I'm sure I will. Is he married?"
Hailey nearly jumped out of her seat when I asked if he was married.
   "Esme is such a wonderful mother! She's sweet and kind and-"
   "Your overwhelming her sis". A male voice stated behind us. I turned my head to see another beautiful being with dark black shirt hair. However unlike Edward this guy had a large muscular build. He looked like he had been a body builder all his life.
   "Oh bite me Emmett". Hailey snapped at him. Emmett only chuckled making her roll her eyes at him.
   "So whose your little friend?" He asked his sister as he sat down by side me. I pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear and smiled up at him.
   "I'm Gabby". I introduced myself to him.
   "Nice to meet you Gabby". Emmett said. "I'm so terribly sorry if my annoying sister hear is boring you to sleep". Hailey rolled her eyes at her brother and punched him in his arm.
   "Ouch that hurt". Emmett smiled.
   "Good". She snapped back at him. I smiled and took another sip of my soda. They seemed like really siblings to me. The way they laughed and fought with one another made me wished that I had something like that with my sister, but she was too young. I could only hope that one day Heather would be like that with me.
~~

After my last class of the day was over I had decided to take Hailey up on her offer of giving me a ride home and when I walked out of the school building I noticed that her car was missing from the parking lot. I let out a sigh and pulled my cell from my pocket. However before I could dial my dads number I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find Edward Cullen smiling at me. I tensed up and took a step back.
   "Umm.."
   "Hailey said that you needed a ride home?" He hinted at. I slowly nodded my head and he walked over to the fancy black Volvo that sat off to the side of the parking lot. "You coming?" I sighed, but against what my mind was telling me I followed him to his car and soon I was flying down the road in the car with a guy who I thought didn't like me.
   "I-"
    "I'm sorry about yesterday". He apologized to me. I glanced up at his face and raised an eyebrow at him. "When I bumped into you in the hallway I had no right to be angry at you. You did nothing wrong Gabriel or do you prefer Gabby?"
    "Gabby, but how did you kn-"
    "Hailey told me. My sister seems to like you quite a bit". He informed me. I nodded my head and looked away from this strange guy. I still couldn't believe I was here in his car with him. He was pretty much a complete strange to me. In fact the whole Cullen family was and yet they offered to help me out which seemed odd to me.
    "I'm sorry but I forgot to formally introduce myself. I'm Edward Cullen". He introduced himself to me. I nodded my head.
   "Well it's nice to formally meet you after what happened yesterday". I stated.
    "I'm sorry about that". He apologized. I shook my head.
    "It happens. I wasn't watching where I was going anyways".
    "Part of it was my fault as well. I was lost in my own thoughts". He stated softly.
   "I'm guessing they were pretty important to be that big of a distraction. Any chance you'd like to share what they were?" I asked him. I figured he'd at least owed me that much, but from the way his expression changed I wished I hadn't asked him to. He didn't look to happy about what I had just asked him. Within in a few minutes of me asking him that his car pulled up to my house. I sighed and got out of his car. Before I reached the front porch Edward had rolled down his window.
   "Good night Gabby". I waved back to him as he pulled out of my driveway. I smiled and shut the door behind me as I got inside the house. Dad was at work for another two hours so I decided to go up into my room and get started on another Poem.