The Girl In The Attic [Chapter 1]

C H A P T E R O N E: T W O

                           I enter the quiet house feeling down. I always get that feeling when I enter the place where I was once happy but now it’s all mixed emotions. Hard to explain, by the emptiness of the house I knew mom was not home neither was dad. It was just I, alone to talk to the walls, with my sister in the attic.

I wanted so badly to see my sister to see how see was doing and if she’s OK even though I know I couldn’t see her. I quietly locked the front door, ran up the stairs and enter my room I drop my diary and bag on my bed took off my shoes and quietly went up the stairs to the attic. I kept looking behind hoping that no one was home that I didn’t know of as I crept up the squeaky stairs.

I took a deep breath when I reach the door before I silently knock.  At my first knock I didn’t hear anything. So I knock again and those are when I heard like drop something on the floor and settle back down.

“Biannca” I called softly but she didn’t answer.

“Biannca it’s your sister” I said as I look down the stairs if anyone was looking even though I know the house was empty, you never know when dad show up behind you angry as a lion.

“Mom?” I said

“No, Biannca it’s your sister Gianna” I said messing with the lock.

“Go away!” she shouted

“I’m not going to hurt you,” I said as I knee down to lock into the keyhole. I could hardly see anything only pitch darkness and a bit of sunlight creeping through the woods. I stood there trying to get a view of her. I run my eyes through the little hole until I saw her stuck in a corner with her knee up to her chin crying and rocking. She had on nothing but a torn dress.  As I was going to call her again, I heard someone cleared his or her throat behind me. I quickly got up and stare at my brother Dean with Amber his girlfriend.

“What are you doing there G?” he asked as Amber held onto his arm.

“Nothing” I said lying.

“You know you’re not allowed to go up there,” he said with an expression I couldn’t read.

“I just wanted—“I said a he cut me of saying “Amber why don’t you go into my room I’ll be there in a moment” he said. I watch as Amber kiss his cheek and ran down the hallway to Dean’s room. After Amber went into Dean’s room. Dean grabs me by arm and drags me into my bedroom.

“What the hell where you doing at that door?” he shouted at me. Squeezing tightly on my arms.

 “I wanted to see her,” I said

“You can’t,” he scolded

“Why?” I said trying to read his expression.