The GIrl In The Attic [Chapte 3]

C H A P T E R T H R E E : O N E

 I ran out of my room with tears falling down my cheek. I made a quick glance through the small hallway before ran out the door. The night breeze was cold. It seems as if we were having a cold front. I wrap the blooded sheet around my naked body as I lean against the side of the house and started to cry covering my mouth.

The grass was dry against my foot bottom as I held my legs tightly together feeling the stickiness of the blood under me. I was in a mess my hair was all over the place; I felt like dirt and burned paper. I could hardly move my jaw bone. It was bruise from all the beating that I have encounter trying to fight my way out but it was no use. The worse part of it my brother stood there while my own father and his men raped me almost to death, I won’t put it past him that he might have done it too.

I pulled myself in the dark as I heard the front door open and my father came out, looking as if he was looking for me. When I heard it shut back. I ran through the front gate as fast as I could, almost falling on my face.

I grip the sheet tightly around my body as I approach James house. I notice that all the lights were out. There were probably asleep. I quickly walk up to the front door. Taking one more glance down the road. Before I knock. I started to knock but no one answered.

“James! James!” I called out with my strained voice as I cough.

“Mr. Deeds!” I called but No one answered. I walked around the back but no one answered. There was no way I could go to Amiria she lives a bit too far a di was tired. I started to cry and sat down on the step as I felt the tears burning my skin and lips. I grip the sheet around me as I inhale my own blood, it felt my nostrils. All the different male scent and different cologne, thinking of them burn my heart and every part of me. Remembering all the mad I was feeling before I got blocked out.

As I lean against the verandah post I stare into the dark sky watching the stars twinkle away. Why is this happening to me? why us? Why can’t my life go back to normal? I asked. All of a sudden my stomach started to hurt me. I cuddle up on the farest part of the verandah wrapping myself again in the sheet. As I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.

“Gianna!” I heard a voice said pushing my arms. I quickly open my eyes to see, Mrs. Deed staring at me shocked.

“What the hell happen?” she asked

“Honey!” she shouted same time I saw James and his father run up to where we were.

“Gianna! What happen to you?” asked James?

“Guys enough with the questions, let’s take her to the hospital” said Mr. Deed lifting me up as I drift back into a quiet slumber.

I awoke to find James on the bed with asleep. I glance the room and I notice that I was in hospital. Seeing all the equipment and the smell of a weird disinfectant that has been use to sanitized the place and the rare smell of different medications. I quickly shirt on the bed when I heard James groan slowly opening his eyes.

“Gianna?” he said rubbing his eyes.

“I’m awake I said” as I let out a cough. My chest really tight like I was fighting to breathe.

“You had scared out of my wit, when we found you at our door” he said hugging with a great sense of pity on his face.

“What exactly did he do to you?” asked James

“I don’t want to talk about” I said as I hugged him and tears fell down my cheek wetting my pale face.

“Knock, Knock” said a nurse walking in a blue suit.

“Good Morning Gianna, I’m nurse Jones” he said looking at the monitor and writing on her clip board

“How are you feeling this morning?” she asked feeling my forehead.

“I’m ok I guess” I said wiping the tears from my eyes.

“Its ok” said James as he hugged me.

“Just take this pill” she said handing me two pills with a cup of water. I took the plastic cup of water and pill and slowly take them, when I let out a loud cough.

“That cough doesn’t sound normal “she said feeling my throat.

“I’ll go get the doctor, just lie down and relax I’ll be back in a minute” she said as she cover me. Thank god because I was feeling a bit chilly.

“Is she awake” asked Amiria coming in

“Yes, she’s just having a bad cough the nurse went to get the doctor” said James.

“Stay with her I need to use the bathroom” he said placing a soft kiss on my cheek and went out.

I took a good look at Amiria and I could see that she was crying all night. Her eyes were puffy and red.

“Gianna Come and live with me “she said holding my hands

“I would love to but I have to get my sister out of their first and I’ll do anything to know the truth “I said and started to cough.

“But  ...”

“No but, Amiria…. I want her out, my life depend on getting out. I rather take all the beating it takes to get her out” I said coughing again.

“Gianna please” Amiria holding onto my arms. I took one more glance at her when I started to cough again hurting and this time it hurt my chest like hell.

A minute later a young gentle man walked dress in a white coat and stethoscope around his neck and a clip board in his hands. I started coughing again holding onto my chest.

“Doctor what’s wrong is she going to die?” asked Amiria in squeak while she held onto my hand.

“No sweetheart I just need to do some check up and then I’ll tell you what’s wrong. After the doctor have run numerous test. He came back to my room, where everyone was except my real family. I felt my inside break down.

“Well I have done some and we diagnose that you have Asthma and Leukemia” he said as everyone turn to look at me and I felt Amiria and James held on tightly to my hand letting me cry.

“But it’s ok, we have prescribe some medication all you have to do I stake just as prescript and I’ll have the nurse give you all an hands out  about the do’s and don’ts of what not to do or eat” he said.

“But I’m afraid you’re going have to spend a few more days for observation” he said I nod towards him as my two best friends hugged me.

                                    ~ POSTER ATSIDE CREATED BY JAZTIEN - THANK YOU ~