Chapter eight-The mysterious uncle

-No proofreading done-

© All Rights Reserved

Shane's gloomy room, sat around a splintered table. Shane looked awkward, Matt seemed bored as he stifled a yawn and the man in front of me glared at me with intense yellow eyes as if I were just some dirt. It has been like this ever since we got back from the forest, no one spoke. But his uncle insisted that we sit down to "Discuss things"-Hasn't said anything since

My eyes met his; he cocked an eye brow but was still silent. His shaggy auburn hair gave him a slightly mad look to his young features. Another silent minuet went by before Shane spoke, "How did you know we were there?"

He cleared his throat before saying, "I've been watching you for a while, and good thing too or else you would have been dead"

"Why?" Shane asked, sounding slightly irritated. I don't see why, I mean the man did just save our lives.

His uncle chuckled slightly, "Do you honestly believe that your father would leave you alone here, unprotected? But nevertheless, I kept my distant. Until the moment you were going to get killed by a freaking Omnire! I mean what were you thinking going into the forest? I thought after that Velumus attacked you, you wouldn't dream of going back there"

"Well, I wasn't planning to go to the forest" He looked coldly at Matt, "But Matt informed me that he sent Elizabeth into the forest to get some things. I knew it wasn't safe for her, so I ran straight there and realised that an Omnire was lurking about. But I wasn't strong enough" He trailed off.

"Yes well good thing I was arou-

"Wait" I interrupted him as I realised something Shane forgot to mention, " If you were there when the Velumus came along, then why didn't you do anything? Shane could have died and you could have saved him the agonizing pain he went through" I spat out angrily, already having a high dislike for his uncle.

Shane looked over to his uncle questionably, I could tell he was beginning to realise that too.

"Well actually, I was about to step in. But then you" He nodded his head towards me, "Came onto the scene, I could literality fill the power seeping off you. So, I was cautious. And before I knew it, you already knocked the bastard out. I thank you for saving my nephew, truly I do. And Shane I am sorry but she was dangerous to be near at the time"

"How am I at all dangerous?" I asked slightly shocked at the fact he said that, I mean c'mon it's me; I'm not dangerous at all...Right?

"You don't really know how powerful you are, do you?"

"Oh, and you would?"

Shane coughed to get my attention, "Well my uncle has this thing where he can feel how strong someone's power is, and he can tell what type of power someone has, and he can see through any type of disguise or glamour"

"So that means that I can tell how powerful you are"

"So my power is dangerous?"

"Well if you knew how to control it, you wouldn't be a danger to the world. Don't you know anything?" He said in an impatient huff.

I didn't say anything, he hit a nerve. It wasn't my fault my parents never told me about my power, it wasn't my fault that my brother tried to kill me.

"So what were you even doing in the forest again?" He asked, I could tell he was changing the subject, I mentally thanked him for that.

"Matt told me to get some things for a potion he was making for Shane" I looked over at Matt and I realised that he has been silent for the whole time.