Chapter Five-I remember

© All Rights Reserved 

Vote, comment, and enjoy! :)

No proof-reading done, I'll get round to it as fast as I can. Sorry for any annoying errors :)

It was a slow walk back to Shane’s house. I was afraid he was losing too much blood, so I ripped the bottom of my t-shirt and wrapped it around his injured arm.

 Once we made it to his house-well den really. I set him down on the musty bed and asked him where his first aid kit was. He pointed weakly to a chipped wooden cupboard, at the far side of the room.  I dashed over to the cupboard, my hands waving around wildly as I tried to find what I was looking for.

My hands were shaking when I took out what looked like a medical kit. I blew over it as there was a lot of dust gathered on its surface. I noticed gold words encrusted on the top of the box, ‘Estel Andor’ I couldn’t understand what it meant; it was in a completely different language.

I knelt by the side of the bed; where Shane was sitting, his eyes half closed. I nudged him slightly and his eyes rested lazily on me. I opened the medical kit and looked inside, confusion creasing on my forehead. There was glass bottles labelled in weird words, that I didn’t understand, it looked like the same type of language from the lid of the box.

I was starting to panic; I didn’t know what I needed to do or which bottle he needed. “Which one!?” I asked franticly I knew I didn’t have much time left. Shane pointed at a bottle which labelled, ‘Cavia’. My instincts told me that I needed to put it on his wounded arm.

 He winced in pain as I took off the bandage that was made out of my t-shirt off his arm. I gasped as I saw his arm. Blood was still oozing out of the cut; a greeny yellow colour was surrounding it. “Poison” I whispered.

  Shane gasped out loudly in pain.

My hand was trembling on the bottle, but I managed to prise it open. I tapped the glass bottle over his bloody limb; a few droplets of the liquid hit his poisoned flesh.

Shane screamed out in agony, it was such a horrific scream; I had to cover my ears tightly. Glass smashed across the floor and the remaining liquid of cavia drained into the cracks of the wooden floor boards.

An eerie silence consumed the small room. I removed my hands from my ears; I glanced up to see Shane’s still body slumped over the bed.

I didn’t know what to do; I just sat there, on my knees, looking down at my hands. It was my entire fault, everything was my entire fault. Soundless tears made their way down my face.

 I must of been sat like that for a while, when I heard a familiar voice. “Hmm, well that was interesting” I jumped up and came face to face with a smiling Shane.

“Shane!” I pounced into his open arms

“The one and only” He smiled

“Bu-But I don’t understand, I thought you were gone. I’m so sorry Shane.” I burst into tears. Shane stroked my hair soothingly. “It’s okay; it’s not your fault. You were very brave, I thank you” I pulled away from him, “But who was that man who stabbed you? Why did you run away? And wasn’t Matt going to meet you?” Shane’s eyebrows furrowed in confusing.

“Yes, that’s why I was in the forest, to meet with him...” He paused before saying in a quiet voice “Matt set me up”

“What?” I exclaimed

“Matt must have hired Benedith to kill me. He betrayed me”

“Benedith was the man who stabbed you?”