Reunion

*the next day*

"Its weird that you're not wearing a uniform alone."
Ran commented.

"Well don't blame me. I'm home schooled now."
I shrugged.

"Why are you home schooled in the first place anyways?"
Sonoko said.

"I'm too lazy. Also, I missed Japan a lot. I can use my spare time to go around Japan."
I lied.

"Go around Japan?!"
They said.

"Yup! Since I'm already a third year, unlike you guys, now I'm having a holiday."
I smiled.

"How come you're a third year when Shinichi isn't?"
Sonoko said.

"I'm just way smarter than he is."
I laughed with a mocking face at Conan.

He dryly laughed at me.

"Thank God we ate dinner first."
Ran said.

"True. Or I'll be complaining all night."
I smiled.

_______

"Come on! You're not wearing that. I have dresses prepared."
Sonoko's mom said to me and Ran.

We went to get changed together.

The dress is said to be one and only in this world which is amazing. She also said that we can keep the dress for ourselves.

We thanked her mom and rushed to the toilet since Sonoko wanted to do her business. When we got in, one of the toilet was occupied by someone. Which is weird since people shouldn't be inside of this building anymore.

"Sonoko! Me and Ran will wait outside, okay?"
I said.

"Okay!!"
She yelled back.

Both me and Ran pretended to go outside. While we're actually by the side, watching the two toilet carefully.

Then I saw it. Sonoko handing her dress to the person in the next stall. Ran was about to say something but I closed her mouth, shaking my head. She nodded and we went outside.

"Why?"
Ran whispered.

"I think it's a test for Makoto. Wether he'll realize it's truly Sonoko or not."
I said.

"But-"
I cut her off.

"No no no, this is their romance, we can't butt-in."
I smiled.

Ran sighed and went to Conan who's standing in front of the guards, asking questions.

I whispered the information to Conan and he smirked. Suddenly the light went off. The guards got knocked off by the sleeping gas. I immediately wear my mask and made both Ran and Conan to wear theirs.

"Go!"
I said to him.

He ran towards the room where Makoto and the jewel is located.

I can hear noises from inside. But I was not expecting Makoto to break down the pillars to catch Kid.

Although we didn't catch Kid, the jewel is safe. At least Jirokichi won't be challenging Kid for pretty long. Just until he found another jewel.

______________________________________

"A dinner?"
I said to Araide over the phone.

"Yeah. I heard that you liked Holmes, right? I got the invitation from my patient."
He said.

"I would love to! It's tonight isn't it?"
I said.

"It is. I'll pick you up at six."
He said.