Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Interns!"

A familiar screeching reverberated off the glass windows and through my ears. I flinched, peering up to find Terry at the front of the floor, wearing a flamboyantly bright mint colored suit with patent white shoes. Today, he had chosen a pair of oval framed glasses, which completed his sophisticated presence.

"Please meet me in the conference room in five minutes!"

I sighed. Aren't there supposed be e-mails sent instead of Terry yelling at the top of his lungs whenever we're summoned? After a few weeks of being here, there should have been some way of integrating that part of communication between supervisors and interns. However, when no one else, not even Sarah, managed to blink at Terry's interruptive holler, I knew that this was the normal way he would announce he'd need us.

"Do you know what Terry's calling us about?" I asked Sarah before walking over to the conference room.

"Probably something about the EPAA Gala. He's in the beginning stages of prepping for it," She informed me. "Cute outfit!"

I smiled while glancing down at the hour and a half of work I had put in this morning, patting down the wrinkled from the front of my rose colored pleated skirt. I had worn a cream colored top to tuck into the skirt and paired the ensemble with some brown leather sandals. Since the first day, I had taken Sarah's advice and chosen to dress up a bit more chic to work. With her compliment, I knew I was making progress. "Thanks! I'm taking style tips from you."

"That's exciting!" She said flipped her blonde curls over her shoulder. "We should go on a shopping trip together one day."

"That would be awesome," I gushed.

"I'm the queen of shopping. If it weren't for this job, I'd probably do it for a living," We both laughed at this. "Also, I wanted to congratulate you on your piece. I'm very proud of you and the finished product."

I could have collapsed right there. "Wow, you don't know how much that means to me!"

She simply shrugged. "All the other department managers were raving about you. I'm happy to say that they're officially jealous. I'm not surprised - my interns are always the best."

I could sense a hint of competitiveness hidden in Sarah's ocean blue eyes. "Well, we have a great mentor to guide us."

"You're the sweetest," She said lightly. "Anyway, when you get back, we'll discuss you're next article. You'll want to brainstorming some ideas as soon as possible because it's quite the challenge."

I nodded. "Alright."

When I left her and arrived at the conference room, everyone else was already seated. I waved at Terry who patted my back on my way in and I greeted Kevin, Tony, and Bessa. I was about to say something to Chelsea when she very plainly smirked at me and averted her eyes the other way. Bessa shook her head at me, her eyes silently shouting at me not to say anything sassy, so I bit my lip and grabbed a seat next to Kevin.

He suited up in a crisp navy blue dress shirt tucked into some form fitting khaki's. He looked damn good. I appreciate men who knew how to dress well, especially now that I was starting to pay attention to how I styled outfits.

"Don't worry, she wasn't so pleasant greeting any of us either," Kevin cocked his head in Chelsea's direction.

I shrugged. "She's not worthy of my hello's anyway."

Kevin and I shared a silent laugh.

Then Terry began. "I brought you all in today because even though the EPAA Gala is months away, we should have been planning it months ago. Due to the fact that our new management only recently took over, I'm a bit behind schedule and I need some extra help."