Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

*Damien*

We have been following Nick and Alice's shadow person for hours, everyone was starting to get tired but no one dared stop. Her parents looked like they were ready to drop any second, but they didn't stop running.

"Nick how much longer?"

"Shadow person, are we close?"

"We are almost there." I could tell it didn't like being questioned, but what choice do we have. We've been running behind it for so long, Jason had to summon a flat rock and have it follow us with Kilala and Auburn on it.

"Girls, any luck." Kilala has been in the same pose since we stopped, and Auburn's eyes were so black they looked like whole.

"No, I can't see her future." She was sweating like crazy. We looked at Kilala, she hasn't moved even once since we put her on the flat rock.

"Auburn can you peek in her mind and see what she sees?" Her mom was really desperate for any news about her.

"I can try, but i need more energy."

"I got you girl." Ocean summoned a water ball and placed it closer to Auburn. She took a drink and we could already see normal pale color come back on her face.

"OK, here I go." Her hazel eyes went back to black and she soon became as still as Kilala. We all waited for her to come back, but she still hadn't moved.

"Sir we need to stop."

"What?!" Her dad yelled so loud we saw some animals runaway from us.

"Sir, the sun is coming up. We need to rest, or we wont be good in a fight." I looked around and saw that everyone was getting tired. 

"Mr. Valentine. I understand how you feel, but your men do need rest. If we do need to fight to get her back we will lose."

"Damien, do you think she would want us to wait?"

"I she would be more worried about us than herself. I may not have known her that long, but I know she puts others before herself. She wouldn't want us to hurt our self to find her. She would want us healthy in order for us to even think of trying to help her." His wife came and placed a hand on his shoulder. She gave both of us a reassuring smile.

"Love, Damien has a point. Katherina is strong, we do need to take a break. We haven't drunken any blood since they took her. Let everyone rest and get some blood in their systems."

"Very well then, everyone get some rest." They all dropped at the same time. Luckily the shadow person wouldn't go away until Nick sent it back. It wouldn't take orders from Alice.

everyone took turns hunting for animals in the area, they started to look better. We all took shelter in a small cave near by the path. Some of the guards, including Kat's dad, don't do to good in the sunlight. I can't blame them, the light gives me a headache.

"Can't sleep?" I looked over at my right and saw Nick and Alex standing next to me. I know what they want to talk about, we never really got to finish the last time.

"Come on Nick, cut to the Chase. I know you guys don't wanna make small talk."

"Dude I told you he was gonna figure it out." Nick gave him a dirty look before he turned to face me again. He let out a deep breath and got straight to the point.

"Listen Damien, I'm not gonna give her up that easily. I've never felt like this towards any girl before, and I'm not about to lose her to some guy that already has a girlfriend."