Stars with some longing

Cat's POV

I'm sitting outside with a glass of scotch. I'm looking at my almost finished glass of liquid gold, I swirl it around a bit and look back up. It's already dark and you can see the stars shining brightly. "Miss Grant?" I hear that beautiful voice say. "Out side Kiera" I say. I can hear her footsteps coming closer and I can feel a smile creepy up my face but push it down. "Thank you Kiera" I say as she gives me my pills. I can feel a strong feeling inside my stomach when our hands brush. Dammit! I think to myself. "Don't you love the stars miss Grant?" Kara says softly. "I do actually, I always had a soft spot for the universe." I say looking at the stars. I can see Kara her eyes tingling with joy. "They let me feel closer to home." She says sand tears are gathering in her eyes. "You never told me anything about your parents?"  I say. I have the feeling I can trust her. "There is not much to say actually. They died in a fire." She says sadly and a couple of tears are rolling down her cheeks. "Oh Kiera I'm sorry." I says with as much as compassion I can get in those words. "It's okay miss Grant." I give here a soft smile. "Don't you have to go home?" I say. "Yeah I think I'm going to. Have a safe and wonderful night miss Grant. See you tomorrow." As she walk out I give her a small wave and look back at the stars. Longing to see Carter. I get up and start to head home, to see my brilliant and beautiful boy.