t w e n t y s i x: ✔

Twenty six:

Twenty six:

Michael's book had been gathering more than 5K reads during the next week.

I guess I really should thank @_screamer for promising a free follow to all the people that decided to give Michael's story a chance.

And I had to say, those Wattpaders were serious candidates when it came to a follow back from their favorite author.

I suppose it was a win-win situation.

Michael was indeed ecstatic about gaining new readers (which even left numerous votes and comments expressing their admiration towards his one of a kind book), and meanwhile, the readers were happy about receiving a new follow from @_screamer.

Everybody was happy...

... Except for probably one person.

Yes, Carly Duncan hadn't showed up at school during this week almost at all. And when she did, there always seemed to be a constant frown on her face. (Or were those just her overly-contoured eyebrows...?)

I guess she hadn't expected Michael and I to sort things out so fast.

And indeed we did.

Michael eventually mastered the courage to let his ego behind him and even asked me out on what I hoped would be a real date.

There really was a God out there.

Though, he didn't exactly use the word date, but he did ask me out for an ice cream at Sweet Sundae, the best confectionary in town.

Nonetheless, to say I was nervous about our very first date was an understatement.

I'd never actually been to a date before. (Pitiful... I know.)

But that's the thing. My love life had been completely non-existent before. And the fact that it suddenly came to life in such a short period of time was something my brain couldn't process.

Quite frankly, I believe there could never be enough cells inside my brain to process the new existence of my love life.

But that was okay. Everything needed to start from somewhere, right?

And I was thrilled to think that this date would hopefully be my beginning.

As soon as I came home from school, I started my preparations for tonight, little by little.

Michael and I were only due to meet at six, but there were still a lot of things to be done.

I painted my nails (black, because old habits don't change), took a shower, and made sure my face was less zombie-like than before.

After that, I started the complicated process of covering any imperfections on my face - thus the reason this process was so complicated. And long.