t w e n t y t h r e e: ✔

Twenty three:

Twenty three:

"I don't know what to say about this, Bree..."

"You don't think it's a good idea?" I whispered back at Chloe. Miss Bing, the Literature teacher, flashed a scowl in our direction (for possibly the fourth time during this class), and I pretended to finish copying her words from the board.

"I think it's an unbelievable idea," Chloe said, her eyes fixed to the board, "The only thing I'm seriously afraid of is that it might literally be unbelievable."

"What are you saying here, Chloe?"

"I'm just saying, you know, are you sure you'll succeed?" She turned her head towards me and lowered her voice to barely a few decibels. "I mean, surely this thing will make Michael forgive you forever, and maybe he'll even give you a lifetime supply of Pizza coupon," she said, and I let out a small chuckle, "but your idea isn't necessarily a sure thing. It's not all up to you."

"I know," I sighed.

I've had an idea blossoming into my head for a few days now, and it was only the other day when I'd come home from the reunion that I realized I needed to at least give it a try.

So far, Chloe had been the first one to know about it. Even though we hadn't hung out as much during these past few days, she was still my friend. I needed advice from her.

Plus, she'd promised she would help me get things back to normal. With Michael... with Carly...

Unlike Michael's part, the Carly part was still work in progress. Actually, not even that.

I wanted to do something, anything to make her realize that it wasn't okay to make justice on my behalf and spill my secret on Michael just like that. But as much as I hated to admit that, a small, small, practically insane part of me was happy things turned out like this.

After all, Michael had to find out about the blog eventually. And to be honest, I didn't think I could ever bring myself to tell him on my own. I hated confrontations. Especially with him. So, at least he finally found out and took a huge weight off of my shoulders.

Plus, Michael didn't seem to be so mad at me anymore.

I was really hoping my instincts were right this time.

After what he told you last night, are you seriously worried about him being mad at you? My inner voice questioned in a mocking tone.

I chewed on my lower lip, my face turning the colour of ketchup as I remembered Michael's words from the other night.

I started to see you as... I don't know... perfect.

A smile involuntarily climbed up on my face. I tried my best to hide it, but there was no chance of that happening. I was really glad Michael wasn't in this class, cause my face pretty much resembled a clown's up to this point.