Moments

"Hey James," I said. "Sorry, for my mom, like, 'interrupting' us yesterday."

  We sat together on the front patio.

 He smiled and blushed, "I thought it was a little funny. She seemed nice though anyways."

"Yeah. She is. Ever since my dad left, she's kinda been playing the role of friend, mom, and dad." I laughed a little.

  It was true though. She's always there for me. An open mind, caring heart, and a shoulder to cry on when I feel down and blue.

"Your dad left you guys? Why? Or. . .is it a little too personal?" he asked.

"I don't really know why." I shrugged, replying as honestly as I could.

  He just came home from work one day and we played catch in the backyard, like usual, mom called us in for dinner. Then we ate and talked, I was nine so it was mostly about how icky the girls were, and how they said I was 'cute'. Later, when he tucked me into bed, he asked me to promise him one thing.

"Be strong, and take care of your mom." were his words.

   So, I pinkie promised him I would. And that morning, I found a note by a football shaped pancake. It said "follow your heart and dreams".

"Ooh." he nodded. I'd probably made this a little more awkward that it was already.

   Awkward moments reminded me of that one rainy night when fate had brought Chase and I together. I smiled a little. The way he drove me to his house. The way I saw him without a shirt, and he saw me without mine. And the way he wrapped his arm around me when he was asleep.

  I couldn't forget about when I put on his 'nerdy' glasses. They looked so cute on him. Cute, geeky, little Chase.

 But then James kinda came out of nowhere. I felt bad for Chase, he loves me (or I think he does), and I'm over here with somebody else. I got up.

James grabbed my hand, "Where are you going?"

I sighed, "I-I just have to go. I need to talk to Chase."

"Chase? You mean Chase with the shaggy hair, and glasses? That Chase?" he asked, a little shocked and confused.

 I nodded, "Yeah. That's the only Chase I know."

He bit his lip, which was awfully attractive, "He hates me. We stopped talking around sophomore year. We used to be best friends."

Friends? Best friends? I didn't even know that Chase and James knew each other's names, let alone were best friends at one point in time. This world is so much smaller than I thought.

"I don't hate you. I hate what you did."

I recognized the voice instantly. I turned around to find Chase with his hands in his sweater pocket. What another twist to this dramatic moment.

"What did I do? You never even told me. You, you just stopped talking to me since then." James crossed his arms over his chest and glared at Chase.

"You, ugh. You should know already, okay." he growled.

"What did I do?" he repeated, impatiently.

"Okay, you went and took the one I love away from me! I told you that I was gay, you're the only one that knows, and I told you that I liked someone. I bet you could tell, because it was obvious! But you went all player, and you took him away! That's why I hate you," he paused. "Because you took him away from me as if you wanted me to suffer!"

 Chase, fighting back tears, ran off. I stood there in shock. This was why; I never seen him so upset or expressive with his feelings, he was gay, and then I realized who he was talking about. Me.

I ran inside and grabbed my backpack. James sat on the porch holding his head in his hands. Tears fell to the ground.

"James," I put my hand on his back. "You didn't know."

  He stood up, "I know this is gonna make me seem like an ass, but I have to do it."

"What?" I asked.

  Instead of words, he cradled my face in with his hands and kissed me. There was a feeling of passion and urgency in the kiss. I kissed him back. But pulled away from him slowly. Sure I liked him at one point, but I knew who I truly needed to be with.

 And that was Chase.

"Go after him." he said sadly with a smile.

"I will." I nodded. I ran off to his house.

The sight of Chase crying made me run faster. Sometimes, it's a little hard to forget the ones who love you, but you have to remember to be strong for the ones you love.

~ < ~

Here's the chappie! This chapter was longer, but my computer like ate it. It was hungry. O.O

But anyways, EEE! What's gonna happen with Chase and Eric? A juicy chapter or lies? Ooh! I can't wait to write the next chapter! Thank you lovely people for reading and etc.

With Love And Rainbows (Unicorns Included),

Mya