Visitor's Kiss

Dedicated to CrazedWriter for being awesome and supportive. Also, one of my many internet best friends. Love ya lots, Marceline<3

~ < ~

"Honey, someone's here to see you." my mother said quietly. I felt her come and sit next to me on the bed. She moved the hair out of my face.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"James." she replied, I could hear the laughter in her voice. I pulled the blanket over my face and groaned. Right now, I didn't feel like having any company over.

"Come on, sweetie. He's waiting." she ordered.

I pushed the blankets off of me, "Tell him come up here."

"Okay!" she squealed. She covered her hands over her mouth and walked down the stairs. I could hear her 'ooh' to herself. I rolled my eyes. Groggily, got up and looked for a shirt to put on.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" I heard James' voice laugh.

I turned around and blushed, "Hey, I can't have time to find a shirt?"

 "You got that body." he winked and laughed.

I found a plain, white tee to put on. James came over and sat on the bed. He looked around examining my room.

"So how come you came over?" I asked as I sat next to him.

"Just because. Well, to check on you. You got hurt pretty bad, ya know." he nodded.

"Yeah, guess so." I scratched the back of my head. He looked over to the side. I studied him closely. His beautiful, golden blonde hair was so long and messy; it made him look cute. And they way he laughed.

But, I couldn't be in love with both him and Chase. I just couldn't be.

"You were protecting him. Weren't you?" he asked after a pause.

"Huh?" I asked taken off guard.

"You were protecting Chase." he said, answering his own question.

I paused, "Yeah."

"That was, nice." he shrugged.

"He's like a brother." I blurted out. I quickly regretted it. One, it was a lie. And two, I loved him.

"Ooh." he grinned.

"Ooh, what?" I laughed, playfully.

"Eh nothing." he stuck his tongue out. I laid down on back and rested my hands behind my head.

"Okay." I shrugged. He laid down next to me, and stared at me.

"May I help you with something?" I winked.

He shrugged, "You have pretty eyes."

"What?" I asked taken off guard.

"You, have pretty eyes." he repeated, this time a little lower.

"You do too." I blurted.

He smiled and laughed. I did as well, it felt like the semi-awkward moment had gone away. He tapped my arm.

"Yeah?" I nodded.

But he didn't reply or say anything back. Instead,he began to lean in. I inhaled, he was going to kiss me. Should I kiss him back? What about Chase? I kept asking myself questions, but his lips pressed to mine gently before I could answer any of them.

"Hey, honey Chase is--OH MY GOD!" my mother screamed.

We both pulled away and sat up. I sighed, she had no idea she had just saved me from getting deeper involved in a love triangle.

"Um, Mrs. Days. Hello." James waved awkwardly as he stood up.

"Hi mom." I smiled a little.

"I-I was going to tell you that Chase was calling Eric," she nodded. "Sorry, for...interrupting."

"Hey, Eric. I should be going." James replied as she walked out of the room.

"Oh, okay. See ya tomorrow." I nodded. And he walked out without saying another word. I sighed and went to grab my cellphone. I went to 'Contacts' and clicked on Chase's name. It was four times, then he answered.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Hey, Chase." I smiled.

"Oh hi. Are you doing okay, Eric? I feel bad, this was my fault, but then again, I could have never last two seconds in a fight. But you're okay, right?" he rambled on.

I nodded, "Chase, I'm fine. It's okay. And James came over too."

  He was silent for a couple of seconds, "How come?"

"Just because, like he checked on me." I replied.

"Oh. That's, er, nice."

"Yeah...."

"Um, hey can I call you later or something? I need to get started on my homework. And I still sore from when, well you know, Nathan tackled me."

"Aw, that's alright. You get better, okay?"

"I will, bye."

"Bye." and I hung up.

Why is everything so complicated? Oh, that's right. Because we make it like that. And because it's life.