Chapter 6 - Do you want my help or not?

            The door swung shut behind Cooper and he spun around to see Matthias. The alleyway behind the restaurant was dark and cold. The muscled dark-featured demon wore a tight white t-shirt and smoked a cigarette.  Cooper stood in front of Kayla and gulped. The only way out of the alleyway was past Matthias.

            “Stop this,” Cooper whispered.

            Matthias took a long puff off of his cigarette and threw it on the ground, “you little bitch.” He shook his head laughing. “It wasn’t enough to embarrass me you had to go tell on me to the boss.”

            “I didn’t know how to stop you.”

            Matthias walked over to Cooper and flashed a horrible grin then smacked his aside. Cooper flew into the trashcans and fell to the ground. Kayla took a step back and Matthias grabbed her neck.

            “So smooth,” Matthias gripped her neck.

            “I moisturize,” Kayla responded with a scared smirk. Matthias lifted her off the ground hiding her neck. Her feet kicked at the cement trying to find a footing.

            “I could kill your friend. That would hurt you wouldn’t it.” Matthias watched Cooper get up from the ground. Gripping Kayla tightly, he smiled maliciously at her. “I’m sick of people cutting you slack just because you’re supposed to be special.”

            Kayla kicked feebly at Matthias as her face became increasingly blue. Cooper dashed towards Matthias but was swatted away to the cement again. Matthias was too quick for him. Cooper watched as Kayla started to drift in an out of confidence.

            “Stop it! Kill me instead,” Cooper offered. Matthias flashed his demon smile and shook his no.  He lifted Kayla up and she passed out in his arms her head turning blue. Suddenly, she flew backwards and hit the wall falling to the ground. For a moment her body was motionless, then Kayla’s eyes burst open and she gasped for air.

            Matthias was thrown against the dumpster denting it. The demon tried to struggle but Xander, the other demon from the club pinned him down. The bleached haired demon, watched the two with a smirk on his face.

            “Bartley, Xander…did Siskin send you?” Matthias spat out still struggling but unable to get free from Xander’s grip.

            “You two,” Bartley, the bleached haired demon, ordered, “leave, now.”

            Cooper didn’t waste any time and helped Kayla off the ground. The two proceeded to the back door of the restaurant and opened it. Kayla stepped inside but Cooper turned to see Bartley approaching Matthias.

            “What are you going to do to him?”  Cooper whispered. Bartley turned his head and winked at Cooper then made a “shoo” motion with his hand. Getting the hint, Cooper ducked in the restaurant and shut the door.  He waited a moment then opened it again to view an empty alleyway.

            “Cooper, what was that?” Kayla interrogated pulling the door shut again and putting on her pump.

            “Just a gang.” Cooper lied, his mind still on the attack.

            Kayla tilted her head and furrowed her brow, “That guy’s mouth, his teeth, it wasn’t human.”

            “I don’t know what to tell you Kayla without sounding crazy.” Cooper answered, shifting nervously on his feet.