Chapter 7 - You're A Big Hero I Bet

Chapter 7 - You’re A Big Hero I Bet

            “I can help you,” the man announced. Still standing with a butcher knife pointed at his neck in Cooper’s kitchen. “I want to help you. I want to kill that demon inside of you.”

            Cooper and Kayla exchanged a subtle glance and Kayla put the knife down on the counter. Kayla opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of wine. “We’re going to need this.”

            The group sat down at the small kitchen table, filling up all of its three chairs. The handsome stranger revealed himself a priest. A specially trained warrior priest of an ancient order, his family passed down the traditions, the weapons, and the skills to battle evil.

            “So, Zeke,” Kayla laughed in an oh so flirty way, “you’re a priest who hunts demons or whatever.” She poured the man another glass finishing the bottle of wine.

            “That’s what I’ve been saying.” Zeke responded and raised the glass to his lips. He took a gulp.

            “So you’re all goodie goodie,” Kayla rolled her eyed and sipped her glass. “Shame, you’re cute.”

            Zeke, short for Ezekiel, leaned back into his chair and winked at Kayla seductively, just a hint of mischief in his eyes. “I definitely get some fun times. Don’t you worry? It’s more of a title.” Zeke laughed and brushed a long strand of brown hair out of his eyes. “We figure all the being good is for the priests in the church.”

            “I’m glad you two are flirting.” Cooper interrupted, the soberest of the group, “but if you two don’t forget I have a demon inside of me!” the anger in his voice clear.

Zeke looked at Cooper his eyes fuzzy with alcohol, “Yeah, we need to work on that.” The man finished his wine and scratched his chin which had about a weeks worth of beard on it.

“No shit,” Cooper shrugged, frustrated. He stood up and leaned against the counter. “Can’t you just give me an exorcism or something?”

“Yeah,” Zeke nodded in thought, “well, I’ve never seen one of his victims so lucid before.” Zeke scooted in his chair to make eye contact with Cooper. His lips pursed together tightly. “He had full control whenever I’ve seen them.”

“He’s had other victims?” Kayla suddenly looked serious and reached over grabbing Zeke’s long toned arm.

“Yeah,” Zeke nodded.

“Great, so how many of them have you saved? You’re a big hero I bet.” Kayla squeezed Zeke’s arm and bit her lip seductively.

Zeke didn’t get the hint but answered her question. “My grandpa saved one, and my great-grandpa saved a few. Salvador Dali was one you’d know.”

“Great. I feel sick,” Cooper shook his head and put his hand on his stomach.

“What should we call it?” Kayla interrupted her friend, her eyes still on the handsome stranger next to her. She scooted her chair closer to Zeke’s.

“His name is Najonas…but he shortened it. Guess he wanted to be more modern.”  Zeke chuckled, “those demons.”

“Oh god, I’m going to throw up.” Cooper left the kitchen realizing what thing was inside of him. He crossed the bedroom/living room and into the bathroom his head spinning. Running into the restroom and shutting the door he vomited his meal into the toilet. The thing inside of him was Jonas. A demon he used to know as a go-go dancer, which dated Damian, and eventually tried to kill him.