STAY.

Next week,
Her birthday is gone. I didn't get to meet her. I cried all day but they said I can't visit her. My heart was broken.

It still is the same..
I am sorry, I can't write anymore, father is calling me. I don't know what it is about but, he grandma said he wants to talk. See you later.

Morning,

Father called me and made me sit on his lap. His hand went through my hair a several times, he asked me how I spent my day. He asked me how much I miss Melissa and how much I love her. I said, "I love her more than I love myself, my wardrobe, my toys, everything that belongs to me. I can give up all my happiness for her, I will, if I had to."

- "Then my dear Rose, would you keep a promise? I will tell you a secret that she wants to share with you, if you promise to keep it in your heart, not to tell anyone, not to react but, to keep it as a best friend's secret. Would you?", he asked me looking into my eyes.

- "of course I will! She is my only best friend in this world.", I replied.

- "I went to see your best friend Rose, she asked me to deliver this secret to you. I didn't open it. I have no idea about whatever that it holds", he handed me a black rectangular leather box. He asked me to open it. The box had the same smell that of Melissa's. There was a red rose on top of that box, attached with a golden string.

I untied the string, rolled it onto my pinky finger, making a promise to myself that I would always trust in her and our friendship...