Chapter 10-Mrs Pontipine's view

It's just a normal day for my family but I still have to find out the Wottingers' secret, what could it be?, why do they hardly come out and why did Mrs Wottinger turn me away so quickly the last time I had a plan to solve the mystery?.Maybe I just thought that it was something not worth worrying about but now I'm not so sure and I'm not so sure if my friend will speak to me again either, ohno!, have I made this situation ten times worse?.

It's ok, calm down, I can do this-deep breaths.

I was now outside their house,absolutely terrified at myself for what I have to do next.

I walk nervously around their house to the far wall where I can do what I have to do without being noticed.

I pull on my suction shoes and place one foot onto the wall.

Whoa! I fall backwards but the suction of the shoes brings me back up and I stand there on the wall defying gravity but wobbling awfully in the process-honestly, those adverts on tv make it look so easy when it's actually exactly the opposite, that's what I call false advertising!.

Anyway, I make my way slowly-slow and steady wins the race-up the wall.it's one of those things you see people doing and you think 'that's easy, I could do that much better than them!' but when you actually do it you are just sort of paralysed with fright or do it very slowly and awkwardly.

Finally I reach the roof.I sigh with relief, at least that climb is over!.I tiptoe along to reach the chimney ; I peer down into the wottingers' house.

I see Mr and Mrs wottinger and all of their children sitting and looking very fed up.

"Mummy?, can we go and hide in the plant pots today?" Says one of the kids "yeah!, why do the pontipines get all of the fun?" Says another.

"No dears, you can't, the storyline doesn't include us this time, I'm sorry" replies Mrs Wottinger. "Again!" exclaims another kid "but but..." he bursts into tears. "It's ok darling, I'm saving up for you and your siblings to escape from this place but because we are only sidekicks to the pontipines it will take years to earn enough money-I'm so sorry!" Mrs wottinger begins to sob too, Mr wottinger comforts her awkwardly.

One of the girls asks "but what about you and daddy?" Mr wottinger answers for his wife "we don't know."

I turn away from the chimney feeling rather guilty since it would all be different for them if the storylines were different, why didn't she tell me?.

I walk back to my house reflecting on what I had just heard, wondering how to make things right.