Dieciocho

Kassandra 

After Spooky left me I was bored out of my mind so I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. I ended up falling asleep while watching some unrealistic Lifetime movie. I was awakened by someone shaking me.

"Kassandra...Kassandra wake up."

I opened my eyes and saw Patrice. I jumped up, making sure I didn't let my guard down around this chick. "Yes?"

"Can I talk to you?"

"Sure since you woke me up."

"Did I do something to you? I thought we were past that whole hostility stage." She said, looking offended. 

"There will always be a hostility stage Patrice, that's just how it is." I told her. As long as she had Zeke's seed inside of her, I would always be skeptical. I don't know why, that's just how I feel.

"Can I ask why?" 

"Can I ask why you woke me up?" 

She sighed and asked if she could sit down. I thought about it for a moment before scooting over a little bit on the bed, allowing her to sit down.

"So what's going on with you and him?" She asked.

"This is not about to become a best friend gossip session, what did you really come up here for?" I asked. "And me and who?"

"Look I don't have anyone to talk to and I can't sleep. I was talking about you and Ghost, I think his name is." 

"Why, you like him?" 

"No, I was just curious."

"Hm, well if you must know I have no idea what's going on with him and I. We're kind of like you and Ezekiel were, ya know having sex. The only difference is that I'm not pregnant and he's not using me to get back at someone else...as far as we know."

"Who knows, he might be." She said. She had a point, I had to admit it. "Ya know what I think?"

"Nope but I am dying for you to tell me." I told her, sarcasm dripping from my voice. The fact that she ignored my tone and kept going interested me. 

"I think he's threatened by you."

"Why would he be threatened by me?"

"Think about it. He's probably one of those people that think that people with mental illnesses are just inadequate and can't function, but look at you. You're pretty, got a full ride to NYU and graduated top of your class. You've actually killed someone and gotten away with it, you're smart about your shit. You bounce back from so many things Kassandra and look at him...having other people do his dirty work indirectly. He's pathetic."

I think I might grow to like this chick.

"How do you know all that about me?" I asked.

"You don't work as an administrative assistant at a hospital without learning a few things about people."

"You know that's illegal right?"

"So is murder." She said. I smiled.

"You might not be so bad after all," 

"Thanks, you're not so bad yourself."

"You can tell you don't know everything about me love."

"Oh believe me I do, not to sound like a stalker but I do. That's why I said you're so strong. It's cool." 

"So, you're really pregnant. And you snitched on Zeke...more importantly you lied and snitched on Zeke. Why?" I asked, I was genuinely curious to hear her answer.