Siete

Valentina

I put Sabrina down for her nap. I know I will regret this later because it's only three in the afternoon so she'll end up staying up all night, I don't know what Malena was feeding this child over there. I made sure I locked the gate before I walked down the steps, just in case she does wake up sooner than later.

I got back downstairs and Vic and Ghost were still in the living room playing dominoes.

"She loves kids and is very short tempered." I said.

"Still doesn't tell us why you gave her, her phone," Vic said.

"You guys don't trust me at all, do you?"

"Trust doesn't mean you don't do stupid stuff." Ghost told me.

"I called her carrier and told them I wanted to cancel her contract, thus cutting her phone off. Oh and I cleared all her missed calls out of her notification bar so she wouldn't see them. Most of them were from someone named Ken."

In the middle of my sentence, Ghost sighed and put a fifty-dollar bill on the table. Vic smiled and grabbed it saying, "Told you she wasn't stupid."

"You two bet on me?"

"He," Vic pointed at Ghost, "said you would probably crack and help her get out or something."

"But you didn't?" I asked. He looked at me and shook his head. I noticed he had changed his shirt to a darker one...hmm. "Thanks Victor. Back to what I was saying, she really wanted to know about Sabrina. Every time her name came up in conversation, her face would light up. Oh and she really doesn't like being locked up anymore, she looks tired as hell and lonely. At least let her take a shower,"

"I'll think about it. Y'all best friends now or something..you cheatin on me Valentina?" Ghost joked.

I rolled my eyes as my phone began ringing from my pocket. I ignored Ghost and looked at the Caller ID, it was the hospital calling me.

"Hello?"

"We need you to come back," My boss said.

"I'm off for the rest of the day, remember?" I said.

"Well you have hours to make up from yesterday and the night before that so come on back and do your job, Ms. CNO." He hung up after those words.

"Who was that? I don't have to shoot your baby daddy again do I?" Ghost asked me. I shook my head.

"I have to go back to work,"

"You just got home from work, Val. You boss up in there so why can't you make your-"

"Funniest thing happened yesterday, I was held hostage in my house and couldn't go to work when I was supposed to. I can't take anymore sick days or I won't be able to do something with Bri for her birthday."

"How many times are you gon be sarcastic wit that?" Vic asked.

"As soon as I run out of sarcastic things to say. Sorry Ghost, I don't have time to mess with you today." I told him but directed it more towards Vic who glared at me. I smiled. I really like pushing his buttons. "Bye guys, watch Sabrina."

"Yo sé qué hacer con mi sobrina, ir a trabajar." Ghost told me. I rolled my eyes and went upstairs to get ready. I left some stuff by the steps just in case they change their minds. I changed out of my clothes and back into what I had on earlier. Everything else I needed was in my purse so I grabbed it and made my way out of the house.

I got to the hospital about fifteen minutes later because of traffic. I walked past Patrice's desk and saw her smirk out of my peripheral. Let's see who's going to be smirking when I fire her ass.