Chapter 6

"I want this one!" she said. She pointed to a Staffordshire Bull Terrior. "Okay!" I told her. "Hmm.. What should I name it? I know! Brownie!" I said. Kay smiled at the name. "That's a perfect name for him. He does look like a brownie." she said. My dad came up behind her and smiled. "That's the cutest animal I have ever seen." he said. We picked up Brownie and took him to the counter and sat him down. "Dad you can pick his collar." Kay said. "Oh thank you." he said. He went to the collars on the self and picked out a camo one. "How about this." he said. "Perfect!" said Kay. Kay walked over and picked out a leash. It was also camo. "Hello, did you find everyhting ok?" the lady at the desk asked. "Oh yes. Thank you." dad said. "Oh! You picked the Staffordshire Bull Terrior? Those dogs are great with familes." she said. My dad smiled at the lady. "How much?" he asked. "It's 400." she said. "Wow. Not bad." he said. He handed her he card and she swiped it. He punched in his code to the card and finished his work. "Oh thnk you guys again!" said Kay. She put the collar on Brownie and then the leash. He was so cute. We got back into the car and Kay was holding onto Brownie, giving him kissy faces and talking all sweet to him. I bet he loved it. I know I loved it when Jake did that to me.

When we got home I walked into my room and picked up my phone. I left it home because I didn't want to focus on that. I wanted to see my sister have a good time. I dialed the numbers to Jakes phone and called him. "Hello?" he said. "Hey." I told him. I could tell when he answered the phone that he smiled. "Hey babe. How are you?" he asked me. "Great! I said. Would you like to come over and see Brownie?" I asked him. "Well, sure. I would love to!" he said with excitement. "Good. I'll see you when you get here." I said. "Alright Love." he said. We both hung up at the same time. I was happy that I get to see Jake. I haven't seen him in 3 days! That's a long time to me. I walked into the living room and saw dad and Kay on the floor, playing with Brownie. It was so cute, I didn't notice that I had my phone until it vibrated. I decided to take a picture of them. It was a moment I wanted to keep forever. I snapped a picture of them, and when I did Brownies ears popped up fast. It was soo sweet. I almost forgot I was going to tell dad that Jake was comming over. "Dad. Jake's comming over to meet Brownie." I told him. "That's fine sweetie." he said. He never really cared if Jake ame over. He is nothing like David was. And I liked that about him. He cared about me and Loved me. And best of al.. He didn't hit me! He told me that he was raised in a good family, and his dad never told him to hit a woman, no matter who threw the first punch. I really think he is the perfect guy. The guy of my dreams, my prince, my Romeo.. Well not Romeo.. But you know what I mean.  

I heard a knock on the door. I walked towards it and turned the silver knob. "Heelloo!" said Jake. "Hi." I said back smiling. I huged him and let him in. "Now where's that cute puppy I've been hearing about?" he asked. I took him down the small hallway and to the left into the living room. His eyes lit up at the sight of the cute animal. "Awwe!" he said. He ran down and got down on he knees then on his stomach. He kept rubbing Brownies head and gave him kisses. He praised him a lot. Saying; Awwe! Who's a good boy? You are! You are! You're soo cute! Awwe! I wanna keep you!" I kept laughing. Some of the faces he made were PRICELESS! I loved it. "Hey hey. I'm your girlfriend. Not Brownie." I told him smiling. He smiled back and stood up. He wrapped his arms around me. "Oh I know babe. I can't ever forget you." he said. He gave me a light kiss on the lips. The warmth of his lips were wonderful. "Get a room!" Kay said. Jake laughed at her silliness. "How long can you stay?" I asked him. "I don't know. Mom never told me a time to come back." he said. He walked over into the kitchen. "Is it okay if I get myself a drink?" he asked. "No it's not. But it is okay if I get you one." I said moving him over so I could get him one. "What do you want?" I asked. "Just coke is fine." he said. "Thanks." I winked at him and gave him his coke. "I have the new Just Dance game for the WII in my room. You wanna play?" I asked. "Oh yes! So I can beat your butt!" he said laughing. He sat his drink down then ran down the hall into my room. By the time I got there he was already clicking the icon with the Just Dance 3 symbol on it. "What player are you?" I asked. "It doesn't matter." he said. So I just picked up a random remote. He picked the song "Party Rock Anthem." and that one was hard! Very hard. Even more hard if you're doing this dance for the first time. Which I was doing. "You ready?" he asked. I nodded my head and the song began. I moved my feet like the man on the T.V. but that was HARD! I mean crap! How does Jake do it so well? I decided to ask him. "How are you so good at this?" I asked him. "Remeber, I catch onto things very quick. So it comes to me with no problem." he said. He smiled and paused the game. "I've been wondering.." he said.. Then he sat down and looked at me. "Why did your mom go to jail?" he asked. "You never told me." I sat down beside him and told him what happend. Once he found out, he was shocked. He told me he felt bad for me and gave me a hug. Then kissed me once more. I loved when he kissed me. It always made me happy. He's like a security blanket for me. I looked at his left hand and saw a ring. "What's that for?" I said pointing to his finger. "Oh. It's a purity ring." he said. Of corse I didn't know what that was. "Babe. What is that?" I asked. He laughed and held my hands close. "It's a ring. And it's my comentment to God that I will stay pure. Until I am married to the right person. In other words I'm going to stay a virgin until I get married." he said. "Oh.." I said. "You have to wait until you're married?" I asked. "Yes babe. It's my promise to God. Breaking a promise to God is like me killing your dad, Kay, and Brownie. Then you. It's bad." he said. "Oh. Okay." I said. We kissed once more before getting back up.