Prologue & Chapter 1- A Not So Average Girl

Check out the audio version of my prologue (It's a video) please let me know what you think :) -------->

Also check out the cast and a pic of Abby is up --------------->

Prologue -

The day that I met him marked the end of my existence as a human...Or did it?

Would this truly be the end or was it simply just the beginning?

Everything about Jacob drew me in...

His touch...

His skin...

His smell...

He was perfectly designed to attract me, as though he were a magnet to my body.  I longed to escape him but my desire to be close to him was stronger. As hard as I tried it was impossible...I wanted him.

Everything about him and his life was a lie yet I was completely and unconditionally in love with him.

So what was he you ask?

My answer? Well...He wasn't a vampire, he wasn't a werewolf or any other mystical creature I had ever read about. No he was something much more uniquely and perfectly designed.

He had come here in search of something and that something was me...

Chapter 1 - A not so average girl

My name is Abby, Abby-Lee Grace and today I'm going to tell you my story.

Have you ever wondered what else was out there? I mean we get up every day playing out the same routine, doing the same things, living life but what if one day that all changed?

What if you woke up one morning and the life that you knew before was no more?

What if everything that you thought was real was actually a dream?

I always thought that there was another world out there, you know, some hidden existence that our ignorance prevented us from seeing.

Don't get me wrong I'm not an individual who sits here wondering when a vampire is going to bite my neck or a werewolf is going to fall in love with me. No, I don't believe in any of that crap but I know that there's more. Somewhere out there lies something amazing and wonderful. The only question that I have is this…Am I a part of it?

So I guess that all that’s left to do is to start with the day that lead to my discovery of that world…

It was your regular gloomy Monday morning.

I watched as my irritating brother leapt down the stairs taking two at a time. I wondered if there would ever be a time that he would slip and fall. I imagined the horror on my mom’s face as drips of crimson blood splashed onto her cream carpet. I watched his dirty blonde hair jump up and down with every movement that he made. I examined his face. If I didn’t know him in the way that I did, I might have thought that he was kind. His soft brown eyes met mine as he jumped off of the last step.

"Hey beetle face what's new?" He asked as he leered over me.

"Nothing's new Aaron, I still dislike you as much today as I did yesterday and can you move back, your breath is not exactly the most pleasant".

I must have been stupid because I already knew what would happen as a result of me saying that but insulting my brother was something that I just couldn’t help. Whatever rolled off my tongue was kind of out of my control.

“Mmm how’s this for you lady grace?” He said as he blew his hot breath in my face.

“Oh my gosh Aaron! You are so disgusting! “ I screamed as I shoved him hard in his chest.