Within These Walls - Hope Adon

March 1, 2014

Title: Within These Walls

Author: Hope-Adon

Genre: Paranormal; Mystery/Thriller

Rating: PG-13

Summary: The last thing seventeen-year-old April Parker expects is to wake up locked inside a facility with dozens of other teenagers. There are no signs of their kidnappers, and no one to tell them what’s going on. At first, the kids form friendships and create alliances to survive. But challenges arise when some of the stronger teens fight for control and power. And the weaker ones—like April and her new friends—are caught in the middle of a deadly war.

As conditions become even more stressful and the teens’ endurance is put to the test, stranger things start to happen. Supernatural things. Dangerous things. And no one is coming to save them.

(Link to the story in the External Link) 

My View: I came across Within These Walls while searching for something to read after His To Keep. I wanted to read something thrilling, and let me just say, Within These Walls most definitely did not disappoint! This would be the second story I've read by Hope, as her story Conduit (no longer on Wattpad because she's trying to get it published) was the very first story I ever read on Wattpad. It was a start of my love for this site, and it was an incredible read. Within These Walls was just as good, if not better, although it's been at least 2 years since I've read Conduit to even compare the two. Within These Walls is a gripping read, that sweeps you into the story directly from the first chapter. The more I read, the more I wanted, so much so I was literally glued to my phone all day just reading and reading. Aside from when I had no choice but to put it away for class or work. I loved every aspect of it, and it was written very well!

Main Characters: April is our main lead, she's a logical thinker and a leader, although she's always been reserved and kept to herself due to her family issues, or more importantly, her issue with Sam. She's been taught to live life a certain way, and being thrown into a situation where these lessons are put to use has her brain whirling as to why.

Marcus is a brute, he comes off as arrogant and decides to be the dictator to everyone trapped inside the facility. But there's more to him than meets the eye, he's mysterious, and maybe not as bad as he seems. There's something behind him that says there's more than just a pompous leader who gives nicknames to everyone.

The rest of the group, Willow, Carson, Alec and others are important characters as well, and also show that there's more behind each of them as the story progresses.

Plot Development: Gripped me from the first page, as I stated above. It moved smoothly and there was nothing that felt wrong, and in fact the whole time it just kept me glued to my screen on my phone, just wanting more. As far as I'm concerned, that says it all.

Grammar: Very few and minor mistakes, I think the most I saw were just a few characters out of place or words missing spaces. But rarely any mistakes at all, and as I've stated a few times, it was written extremely well!

What Would I Change? Nothing. Except a sequel! I would absolutely love for there to be a sequel, as everything about Within These Walls just left me breathless and wanting more. Especially with the big finale at the end. However, Hope, the author, has already stated how she wants to try to get it published, and if it's not published then there most likely won't be a sequel, unfortunately. However, the story is so good I can't see it not being published - like I would willingly pay money to buy a paperback or hardback copy of it, it's that good. 

Other Notes: There's not much else I can add to this! Hope is an amazing writer, and I would recommend reading any of her books if you're looking for something good and original to read. But be warned, they're addicting and you probably won't want to stop reading it until you reach the end. And then you'll be left wanting more from the story. But to me, that just says how good an author is (:

Overall Rating: 9.5 out of 10