SwEeT MaDnEsS - cold_lady19

December 23, 2012

Title: SwEeT MaDnEsS

Author: cold_lady19

Genre: Horror / Watty Awards 2012

Rating: PG-13

Summary: “Don’t make this any harder, Angeles” I swallowed hard. The way he said my name sent a chill through me. How did he know my name? Who was he? “I’m not opening the door” I took a step backwards, looking at my kitchen. There was a knife on the counter, I needed it. If this man tried to break inside my apartment, I was going to fight back. He sighed deeply.

(Link to the story in the External Link)

My View: The second story I've read by this author within the past few weeks. I couldn't put it down! Literally. After the first few chapters I just wanted to keep reading and reading. I felt like I was going mad just with the need to find out what would happen next. Was it all happening? Was it just Angeles' imagination? It's confusing, but it's purposely confusing. Even now after finishing it, I still want and crave more of it! To me this is a first in a really long time that I've been so hooked on a book like this. My Wattpad Love also had me hooked, and I can honestly say that cold_lady19 has easily become one of my favorite Wattpad authors!

Characters: Angeles is a girl who hasn't done much in her life to stick out, she gets by but she's not exactly a social butterfly. Her older sister, Raven, has been the one who's taken care of her ever since they were in the orphanage together. Then Madness comes into Angeles' life, and she is thrown into a world of confusion. The way that she endures these situations is realistic. Because I don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't imagine having to go what she had to. Not knowing the difference between what is real and what is not. 

Madness has to be the most sadistic character I've read in a Wattpad story. But his character was done really well. He's the master of confusion, a demon, evil, seductive, deadly. Everything needed to make him such a well put together character was there. Because he was madness itself, and to think of Madness as a person instead of just a word, it really makes the character even more thrilling. 

Drake and Dagon are also important characters. 

Plot Development: Amazing. I'm not lying, it was done very good. The story is meant to confuse, and the events were done in a way that made the story flow in the right direction. Sweet Madness is simply that. It was also unpredictable - I didn't expect the story to go in the directions that it did. It exceeded my expectations and left me feeling satisfied up until the end.

Grammar: It's not perfect. While it's understandable and a lot is okay, there are also a lot of words that has spelling mistakes or words were missing in sentences. It didn't take much away from the story, though, because in the end everything else was just amazing. There wasn't enough that it took away from the story.

What I would change? Other than the grammar mistakes, I can't really say I'd change anything. While I was left with more questions at the end, the only thing I could say is I would definitely add that epilogue that was suggested as a possibility at the end. If only to clear up some of those questions. But at the same time I feel like as the reader you can imagine some of those answers.

Other Notes: Did I mention how amazing this story is yet? Ohh right…. The only other thing I have to say is that I really really recommend this story to anyone looking for something a little bit more dark and mad. The ending is something some people may or may not like, but honestly I felt it was perfect and I'm glad that the story ended there. Since I don't like spoiling anything, I won't state anything else about it.

The song that kept playing in my head while I was reading this was "Mad World" - both versions actually (Gary Jules & Tears for Fears [original]). It kind of fits, I think. 

Overall, this is a sweet and bittersweet story that leaves you breathless and wanting - no scratch that - craving more from it. 

Needless to say I'm definitely reading more by cold_lady19 (: She's one talented writer!

Overall Rating: 9 out of 10