Just One Night - SomeoneLovesYou

April 18, 2013

Title: Just One Night

Author: SomeoneLovesYou

Genre: Teen Fiction / Romance

Rating: PG-13

Summary: “Here’s what I want you to do,” I began, trailing my hands up his muscular body to wrap my arms around his neck. “I want you to do me, and do me hard. Then, I want you to let me go and never mention this to anyone.”

Taylor Quessie is tired of being a virgin. Everyone tells her she should wait until she meets someone special, someone she’s in love with, but she can’t. Every time a guy tells her he’s fallen for her, she has a panic attack and breaks up with them. So now she’s resorting to desperate measures.

Cameron Riter is the school’s player. He sleeps around, constantly takes girls v-cards, and screws around with their hearts. When Taylor asks him for help, he can’t help but accept. 

So what happens when, the next morning, he realizes he doesn’t want to let her go?

 **Used to be The Player Who Took My Virginity**

(Link to the story in the External Link)

My View: How many stories out there have the girl being the one who doesn't want to commit or be in a relationship? It's definitely a different approach than most teen fiction novels are. It made me start to wonder why Taylor was so afraid of being in a relationship. I loved her and Cameron together. 

I remember adding this story to my library months ago, back when it was titled The Player Who Took My Virginity. Then life got busy and I took a break from Wattpad. I came back and the first story I started to read was this one. I'm not entirely sure what drew me to reading it, I was in the mood for a teen romance and picked this one out. Within a few days I read this and loved every bit of it. Parts of it were cliched, or a bit predictable, but it happens. The rest of it? As I mentioned above, I loved Cameron and Taylor together, but I also loved the friendships with them all. It was a good read and an enjoyable story.

Characters: Taylor is the type of girl who believes in breaking a guy's heart the minute he starts to get too close for comfort. She doesn't believe in love, soulmates, or commitment. Instead, she would rather lose her virginity just to lose it instead of waiting for the right guy to come around. Getting fed up with waiting, she confronts the school's player, Cameron Riter, knowing that she'll get what she wants and he won't turn her away.

Cameron, on the other hand, is a player because he's never found the right girl. After their one night, he realizes that he may have just found the one girl he wants to keep around. Full of surprises, Cameron turns out to be just what Taylor needed.

Then there's Taylor's friend Rania, who's more like a sister to her than anything. Rania tries to convince Taylor to wait until she falls in love. She's in a relationship of her own and knows from experience that the first time should be special. 

The characters are relatable and developed well. The experiences they go through and the changes they make.

Plot Development: From the beginning until the end the plot was easy to follow with a few surprises and twists along the way. There were unexpected events that kept the story original and not just another teen fiction.

Grammar: The grammar was good, I think there were some mistakes, but none that took away from the story or was noticeable enough to mention.

What I would change? I loved how the story ended and developed, so I'm not sure if I would even change anything at all (:

Other Notes: There's not much else to add. While the story does have some sexual content, it's not the only part of the story. It's still rated PG-13 and there's nothing explicit in it. 

I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a nice teen romance to read.

Overall it was a good story to read (:

Overall Rating: 7 out of 10