Running from the Big Bad Wolf

No!

His wolf howled when Cecilie ran out of the house, her blonde hair whipping behind her.. The image was too painful to watch. If he lost her, he'd never forgive himself. Asher reached out his hand in order to grip the back of her shirt.

Aiden knocked into his side, making him growl. The twins had a good grip on either arm, pinning him to the wall.

"Let her go, Ash," Landen huffed.

Lucas laughed. "Even when you're first you're really last, huh?"

Asher was too angry to listen to his brothers words. He continued to thrash against them, his lip curling over his teeth to make a snarl.

"Calm down," Leo demanded, turning the room went silent. He approached Asher with a frown. "I'll give her a ride."

"No," Asher stated, a little more composed. "She can't leave. Not now."

"She's confused and scared right now, Asher. Just give it some time. She'll come around."

The image of Cecilie running from him ran through his mind, making him go crazy. She can't leave! He punched Landen in the nose. The twin cursed.

Leo sighed and pulled back a fist. With a good punch to the gut, Asher fell to his knees.

"I can't let her go," Asher vowed, before another blow landed on his head.

***

Cecilie grumbled in the passenger's seat of what's-his-name's jeep. He was the only brother she trusted at the moment. He was reasonable and kind and she had to admit, even funny at times. Why couldn't he be her destined mate?

She felt she had gone completly crazy in one day. All thanks to horny Asher. Who was he to tell her who she should love? She deserved a chance like everyone else to find the right guy, fall in love, get married, and have children. Asher butting in tore her entire life apart.

"I'm sorry about my brother," the eldest, she remembered his name to be Leo, apologized.

"Which one?" she asked, recalling the crude remarks from all of them. Marching out of the house hadn't made her deaf, for pete's sake!

He shook his head. Golden curls swung softly. "Asher has always been excited about being a werewolf. Finding a mate was the next step. He wouldn't stop until he found her."

Cecilie glared. "So he must be eager to finish it up then, huh?"

Leo winced. "Not exactly. A mate isn't a one night stand thing. Its forever."

She snorted. Like she was going to spend the rest of eternity with that guy. "I'd rather chew off my own arm." They had finally pulled up at her house; a shabby looking place her grandmother owned right beside the forest. How convenient.

"I know I'm in no position to give you advice, but you should give him a chance."

She practically slammed the door. "Sure. I'll think about it." The "no way in hell" stuck to the roof of her mouth.

"Oh and Cecilie." She glanced back at Leo. "Better lock your doors for a while."

"What? Why?" She looked around anxiously as if a wolf would suddenly appear and bite her head off.

Leo laughed. "No, nothing to put you in harm. Asher's just gonna be a little...high off you."

Cecilie groaned. "How long does that last?"

He just smiled and shrugged.

Great. Forever.

"I'm screwed," she mumbled.

Leo chuckled. "Hey, maybe you'll be lucky and Asher will be so determined he'll burn himself out."

She walked up to the porch without answering. She had a feeling whatever happened back there wasn't the end at all. It was only the beginning.