This Means War

Yay over 100 votes last chapter! I love you guys =]

Asher stared at his hands before clenching them in fists.

He had hurt her because he was jealous. What was going on?

With his fist, Asher collided with the railing of the porch, causing it to tremble and shudder under the sheer force. Tiny splinters covered his knuckles, but he didn't even bother brushing them off.

What the hell was wrong with him?

It had to be that new guy. Asher didn't trust him. Everything about him was fishy. From that smug smile to his unusual scent. And what the hell did he want with Cecilie? Did she prefer that guy over her mate? Did she possibly love him?

A growl escaped his lips and Asher ran to the back of the house, taking his frustration out on the shed. His arms left several indents on the structure until he was sure it would collapse under itself. Asher steadied himself and reached for his cell phone.

Leo would know what was going on. If he was lucky, this was just some mating phase he would get over. Not permanent. Because he couldn't stand the thought of hurting her.

But he never had to make the call. Leo appeared from the woods, walking in the early evening darkness. "Its not safe here, Asher," Leo said. Fog filled the entire forest, concealing the other brothers, but Asher knew they were there. "You know who her grandmother is."

"I know," Asher said. "That's why we need to save her."

Leo stood frigid in the distance. There was no sign of his usual calm demeanor. He was submerged in Alpha power, which leaked onto the earth.  "We can't take her in."

Asher's eyes furrowed. "What do you mean?"

His brother sighed. "She's a part of a hunters group. She could have been trying to seduce you all along so she could slaughter us."

Asher blinked as the truth hit him. "You think my mate wants to kill me?"

Leo sighed.

"Cecilie wouldn't do that!"

"You don't know that, Asher," Leo stated. "You always do this. You put your heart into something and  give a blind eye to the obvious warnings." He shook his head. "We can't trust her."

Asher's body was shaking, fighting the urge to shift into wolf. "You expect me to just leave her alone?" After all this time; searching for his mate. 

"No," Leo answered. "We're going to take care of this."

Bradley, Lucas, Landen, and Aiden appeared from the shadows. They all wore grim expressions.

Asher immediately took a defensive stance. "If you kill her, I'll destroy every last one of you myself," he growled dangerously. 

There was hurt in Leo's eyes, but it was fleeting. He tucked all emotion under his Alpha command. "We can't take our chances, Ash. Not after Dad died."

"So you won't even give her a chance?"

"I'm sorry."

Asher doubled over in pain before meeting his brother's cold gaze. "No, I am," he murmured before shifting.

***

Tristan tackled Cecilie to the ground.

"Let go of me!" Cecilie screamed, thrashing around, but Tristan had a good hold of her.

"Are you crazy?" Tristan demanded under her wiggling body. "I'm not letting you out there!" His gray eyes looked deeply into her own frantic ones. "Please, Cecilie. Think rationally for a moment."